698963-77-8 Y |
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||235.278 g/mol|
|3D model (Jmol)||Interactive image|
|NY (what is this?)|
β-Keto-Methylbenzodioxolylpentanamine (Pentylone, βk-Methyl-K, βk-MBDP, methylenedioxypentedrone) is a stimulant compound developed in the 1960s, which has been reported as a novel designer drug and identified in some samples of powders sold as "NRG-1", along with varying blends of other substituted cathinone derivatives including flephedrone, MDPBP, MDPV and 4-MePPP. It was also found in combination with 4-MePPP being sold as "NRG-3".
Pentylone acts as a serotonin-norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor and weak serotonin releasing agent.
Pentylone is an Anlage II controlled substance in Germany.
Pentylone is a Schedule I controlled drug in the US.
- Substituted phenyl-α-amino ketones. British Patent GB 1085135 (1969).
- Brandt SD, Freeman S, Sumnall HR, Measham F, Cole J (December 2010). "Analysis of NRG 'legal highs' in the UK: identification and formation of novel cathinones". Drug Testing and Analysis. 3 (9): 569–75. doi:10.1002/dta.204. PMID 21960541.
- Simmler, L. D.; Rickli, A.; Hoener, M. C.; Liechti, M. E. (2014). "Monoamine transporter and receptor interaction profiles of a new series of designer cathinones". Neuropharmacology. 79: 152–60. doi:10.1016/j.neuropharm.2013.11.008. PMID 24275046.
- "Cannabinoider föreslås bli klassade som hälsofarlig vara" (in Swedish). Retrieved 29 June 2015.
- Schedules of Controlled Substances: Temporary Placement of 10 Synthetic Cathinones Into Schedule I
(and close relatives)