|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||379.501 g·mol−1|
|3D model (Jmol)||Interactive image|
While 1P-LSD shows only 38% the potency of LSD in mice, LSD is detected via LC-MS when 1P-LSD is incubated in human serum. This implies that 1P-LSD acts as a prodrug for LSD. This partially explains the effects of 1P-LSD, because the compound itself is unable to bind to the 5-HT2A receptors responsible for the effects of psychedelic drugs.
Prior to the publishing of the above cited research, pharmacologist David E. Nichols reportedly commented with his thoughts on 1P-LSD serotonin receptor binding:
|“||I am sure that the 1-propionyl would also hydrolyze off of an indole, but I don't know whether in vivo conditions would work. In a chemistry lab, you can get off an N-benzoyl, so an N-propionyl will probably come off too. But in the body? I don't know the answer to that. The compound would not be active as the N-propionyl however. The way that LSD docks into the 5-HT2A receptor, the indole NH hydrogen bonds to serine 5.46. With the propionyl, it won't fit into the receptor.||”|
1p-LSD is illegal in Finland.
1P-LSD is illegal in the UK under the Psychoactive Substances Act.
While 1P-LSD is not controlled at the federal level in the United States, it's possible that 1P-LSD could be considered as an analog of LSD, in which case trade or possession with intent for human consumption could be prosecuted under the Federal Analogue Act.
- "Philtre Bulletin Issue 5" (PDF). WEDINOS. March 2015. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- Max Daly (27 July 2015). "Why Young Brits Are Taking So Much LSD and Ecstasy". Vice. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- "Newer Unregulated Drugs" (PDF). KFx. April 2015. Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- Matthew Speiser (11 August 2015). "A handful of dangerous new legal drugs has public health experts worried". Business Insider UK. Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- "1P-LSD". New Synthetic Drugs Database.
- Joseph J. Palamar; Patricia Acosta; Scott Sherman; Danielle C. Ompad; Charles M. Cleland (June 2016). "Self-reported use of novel psychoactive substances among attendees of electronic dance music venues". The American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse: 1–9. doi:10.1080/00952990.2016.1181179. PMID 27315522.
- Simon D. Brandt; Pierce V. Kavanagh; Folker Westphal; Alexander Stratford; Simon P. Elliott; Khoa Hoang; Jason Wallach; Adam L. Halberstadt (October 2015). "Return of the lysergamides. Part I: Analytical and behavioural characterization of 1-propionyl-d-lysergic acid diethylamide (1P-LSD)". Drug Testing and Analysis. doi:10.1002/dta.1884. PMID 26456305.
- Jose (15 October 2015). "Is 1P-LSD A Prodrug To LSD?". Detect-Kit. Retrieved 15 October 2015.
- P. Linda; A. Stener; A. Cipiciani; G. Savelli (January–February 1983). "Hydrolysis of amides. Kinetics and mechanism of the basic hydrolysis of N-acylpyrroles, N-acylindoles and N-acylcarbazoles". Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry. 20 (1): 247–248. doi:10.1002/jhet.5570200154.
- kman1898 (16 February 2015). "The Big & Dandy 1P-LSD Thread, Volume 1". Bluelight.
- Fabrizio Schifano; Laura Orsolini; Duccio Papanti; John Corkery (June 2016). "NPS: Medical Consequences Associated with Their Intake". Current Topics in Behavioral Neurosciences. Springer International Publishing. pp. 1–30. doi:10.1007/7854_2016_15. ISSN 1866-3370. OCLC 643052237. PMID 27272067.
- "International Drug Control Conventions". United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC).
- "Lists of euphoriant substances". The Danish Medicines Agency. September 2015.
- "指定薬物一覧" (PDF) (in Japanese). Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare.
- "Noteikumi par Latvijā kontrolējamajām narkotiskajām vielām, psihotropajām vielām un prekursoriem" (in Latvian). Latvijas Republikas tiesību akti.
- "31 nya ämnen kan klassas som narkotika eller hälsofarlig vara" (in Swedish). Folkhälsomyndigheten. 17 November 2015.
- "31 nya substanser klassas som narkotika eller hälsofarlig vara" (in Swedish). Folkhälsomyndigheten. 26 January 2016.
- "Verordnung des EDI über die Verzeichnisse der Betäubungsmittel, psychotropen Stoffe, Vorläuferstoffe und Hilfschemikalien" (in German). Der Bundesrat.
- "Introduction to the Federal Controlled Substance Analogue Act". Erowid. January 2001.