|oral administration rectal administration|
|CAS Number||52694-55-0 52694-52-7 (S) enantiomer|
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||348.523 g/mol|
|3D model (Jmol)||Interactive image|
|(what is this?)|
MT-45 (IC-6) is an opioid analgesic drug invented in the 1970s by Dainippon Pharmaceutical Co. It is chemically a 1-substituted-4-(1,2-diphenylethyl)piperazine derivative, which is structurally unrelated to most other opioid drugs. Racemic MT-45 has around 80% the potency of morphine, with almost all opioid activity residing in the (S) enantiomer (the opposite stereochemistry from the related drug lefetamine). It has been used as a lead compound from which a large family of potent opioid drugs have been developed, including full agonists, partial agonists, and antagonists at the three main opioid receptor subtypes.
The Canadian Controlled Drugs and Substances Act was amended in 2016 to include the substance as a Schedule I substance. Possession without legal authority can result in maximum 7 years imprisonment. Further, Health Canada amended the Food and Drug Regulations in May, 2016 to classify MT-45 as a restricted drug. Only those with a law enforcement agency, person with an exemption permit or institutions with Minister's authorization may possess the drug in Canada.
- Methoxphenidine (MXP)
- US patent 3957788, Haruki Nishimura, Hitoshi Uno, Kagayaki Natsuka, Noriaki Shimokawa, Masanao Shimizu, Hideo Nakamura, "1-Substituted-4-(1,2-diphenylethyl)piperazine derivatives and their salts", published 1975-15-01, issued 1976-18-05
- Natsuka K, Nakamura H, Uno H, Umemoto S (December 1975). "Studies on 1-substituted 4-(1,2-diphenylethyl)piperazine derivatives and their analgesic activities. 1". Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 18 (12): 1240–4. doi:10.1021/jm00246a014. PMID 1195277.
- Nakamura H, Shimizu M (May 1976). "Comparative study of 1-cyclohexyl-4-(1,2-diphenylethyl)-piperazine and its enantiomorphs on analgesic and othe pharmacological activities in experimental animals". Archives Internationales de Pharmacodynamie et de Thérapie. 221 (1): 105–21. PMID 962421.
- US Patent 4080453
- Natsuka K, Nakamura H, Negoro T, Uno H, Nishimura H (December 1978). "Studies on 1-substituted 4-(1,2-diphenylethyl)piperazine derivatives and their analgesic activities. 2. Structure-activity relationships of 1-cycloalkyl-4-(1,2-diphenylethyl)piperazines". Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 21 (12): 1265–9. doi:10.1021/jm00210a017. PMID 722735.
- Shimokawa N, Nakamura H, Shimakawa K, Minami H, Nishimura H (January 1979). "Studies on analgesic agents. 1.1a Preparation of 1,2-diphenyl-2-(4-substituted 1-piperazinyl)ethanol derivatives and structure-activity relationships". Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 22 (1): 58–63. doi:10.1021/jm00187a014. PMID 106119.
- Nakamura H, Ishii D, Yokoyama Y, Motoyoshi S, Natsuka K, Shimizu M (September 1980). "Analgesic and other pharmacological activities of a new narcotic antagonist analgesic (−)-1-(3-methyl-2-butenyl)-4-[2-(3-hydroxyphenyl)-1-phenylethyl]-piperazine and its enantiomorph in experimental animals". The Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 32 (9): 635–42. doi:10.1111/j.2042-7158.1980.tb13020.x. PMID 6107365.
- Nozaki M, Niwa M, Imai E, Hori M, Fujimura H (1983). "(1,2-Diphenylethyl) piperazines as potent opiate-like analgesics; the unusual relationships between stereoselectivity and affinity to opioid receptor". Life Sciences. 33 Suppl 1: 431–4. doi:10.1016/0024-3205(83)90534-9. PMID 6319898.
- Natsuka K, Nakamura H, Nishikawa Y, Negoro T, Uno H, Nishimura H (October 1987). "Synthesis and structure-activity relationships of 1-substituted 4-(1,2-diphenylethyl)piperazine derivatives having narcotic agonist and antagonist activity". Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 30 (10): 1779–87. doi:10.1021/jm00393a017. PMID 3656354.
- Natsuka K, Nishikawa Y, Nakamura H (December 1999). "Roles of two basic nitrogen atoms in 1-substituted 4-(1,2-diphenylethyl)piperazine derivatives in production of opioid agonist and antagonist activities". Chemical & Pharmaceutical Bulletin. 47 (12): 1790–3. doi:10.1248/cpb.47.1790. PMID 10748722.
- A. Helander; M. Bäckberg & O. Beck (2014). "MT-45, a new psychoactive substance associated with hearing loss and unconsciousness". Clinical Toxicology. 52 (8): 901–904. doi:10.3109/15563650.2014.943908.
- "Circular 003/2015: a change to the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971: control of MT-45 and 4,4'-DMAR". UK Home Office. 20 February 2015. Retrieved 11 March 2015.
- "Látky, o které byl doplněn seznam č. 4 psychotropních látek (příloha č. 4 k nařízení vlády č. 463/2013 Sb.)" (PDF) (in Czech). Ministerstvo zdravotnictví.
- Regulations Amending the Food and Drug Regulations (Parts G and J — Lefetamine, AH-7921, MT-45 and W-18)