| IUPAC name
| Other names
|3D model (Jmol)|| Interactive image|
|Molar mass||240.35 g/mol|
Except where otherwise noted, data are given for materials in their standard state (at 25 °C [77 °F], 100 kPa).
|N (what is YN ?)|
Aleph, DOT, or 2,5-dimethoxy-4-methylthioamphetamine, is a psychedelic hallucinogenic drug and a substituted amphetamine of the phenethylamine class of compounds, which can be used as an entheogen. It was first synthesized by Alexander Shulgin. In his book PiHKAL (Phenethylamines i Have Known And Loved), Shulgin lists the dosage range as 5–10 mg. According to Shulgin, the effects of aleph typically last for 6 to 8 hours.
It has weak MAO-A inhibition activity with an IC50 of 5.2 mmol. For reference, amphetamine has an IC50 of 11 and 4-methylthioamphetamine has a value of 0.2. A lower number indicates a stronger inhibitor.
Dosage: 4-8 mgs
Duration: 8–16 hours
Effects: Strong visuals
CAS number: 185562-00-9
Dosage: 7-12 mgs
Duration: 12–20 hours
Effects: "profound and deep learning experiences" - Alexander Shulgin
CAS number: 123643-26-5
Dosage: 40 mgs or more
Duration: very long, unspecified
Effects: enhances other psychoactive drugs, similar to 2C-D
2C analog: 2C-T-6 (has never been synthesized)
Dosage: 4-7 mgs
Duration: 15–30 hours
CAS number: 207740-16-7
- Shulgin, Alexander; Ann Shulgin (September 1991). PiHKAL: A Chemical Love Story. Berkeley, California: Transform Press. ISBN 0-9630096-0-5. OCLC 25627628.
- Gallardo-Godoy, Alejandra; Fierro, Angélica; McLean, Thomas H.; Castillo, Mariano; Cassels, Bruce K.; Reyes-Parada, Miguel; Nichols, David E. (2005). "Sulfur-Substituted α-Alkyl Phenethylamines as Selective and Reversible MAO-A Inhibitors: Biological Activities, CoMFA Analysis, and Active Site Modeling". Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 48 (7): 2407. doi:10.1021/jm0493109. PMID 15801832.
- Aleph Entry in PiHKAL
- Aleph Entry in PiHKAL • info
- Aleph-2 Entry in PiHKAL
- Aleph-2 Entry in PiHKAL • info
- Aleph-4 Entry in PiHKAL
- Aleph-4 Entry in PiHKAL • info
- Aleph-6 Entry in PiHKAL
- Aleph-6 Entry in PiHKAL • info
- Aleph-7 Entry in PiHKAL
- Aleph-7 Entry in PiHKAL • info
(and close relatives)