|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||177.24 g/mol|
|3D model (Jmol)||Interactive image|
3-Methylmethcathinone, also known as 3-MMC and 3-Mephedrone, is a designer drug from the substituted cathinone family, with Empathogen-entactogen effects. 3-MMC is closely related in structure to the popular illicit drug mephedrone (4-MMC), and is illegal in most countries that have banned 3-mephedrone as it is a structural isomer of 4-mephedrone. However 3-MMC has still appeared on the "legal high" market as an alternative to mephedrone, and was first identified being sold in Sweden in 2012. Unlike other legal highs 3-MMC was tested and characterized in large mammals, providing much more knowledge about it than other substances.
- Preedy, Victor. Neuropathology of Drug Addictions and Substance Misuse Volume 2: Stimulants, Club and Dissociative Drugs, Hallucinogens, Steroids, Inhalants and International Aspects (2 ed.). London: KIng's College. ISBN 978-0-12-800212-4.
- EMCDDA 2012 Annual report on the state of the drugs problem in Europe
- Shimshoni, J. A.; Britzi, M.; Sobol, E.; Willenz, U.; Nutt, D.; Edery, N. (24 March 2015). "3-Methyl-methcathinone: Pharmacokinetic profile evaluation in pigs in relation to pharmacodynamics". Journal of Psychopharmacology. 29 (6): 734–743. doi:10.1177/0269881115576687.
- "关于印发《非药用类麻醉药品和精神药品列管办法》的通知" (in Chinese). China Food and Drug Administration. 27 September 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "Látky, o které byl doplněn seznam č. 4 psychotropních látek (příloha č. 4 k nařízení vlády č. 463/2013 Sb.)" (PDF) (in Czech). Ministerstvo zdravotnictví.