25D-NBOMe (or NBOMe-2C-D) is a derivative of the phenethylamine derived hallucinogen 2C-D. It acts in a similar manner to related compounds such as 25I-NBOMe, which is a potent agonist at the 5HT2A receptor. 25D-NBOMe has been sold as a street drug since 2010 and produces similar effects in humans to related compounds such as 25I-NBOMe and 25C-NBOMe. It was banned as a Temporary Class Drug in the UK on 10 June 2013 after concerns about its recreational use.
Legal status and scheduling
Unregulated at a federal and state level, though arguably may contravene the Federal Analog Act under certain circumstances given its structural and functional similarity to controlled substance 2C-D.
Sveriges riksdag added 25D-NBOMe to schedule I ("substances, plant materials and fungi which normally do not have medical use") as narcotics in Sweden as of Aug 1, 2013, published by Medical Products Agency in their regulation LVFS 2013:15 listed as 25D-NBOMe 2-(2,5-dimetoxi-4-metylfenyl)-N-(2-metoxibensyl)etanamin.
As of October 2015 25D-NBOMe is a controlled substance in China.
- ↑ Hansen, M.; Phonekeo, K.; Paine, J. S.; Leth-Petersen, S.; Begtrup, M.; Bräuner-Osborne, H.; Kristensen, J. L. (2014). "Synthesis and Structure-Activity Relationships of N-Benzyl Phenethylamines as 5-HT2A/2C Agonists". ACS Chemical Neuroscience. 5 (3): 243–9. doi:10.1021/cn400216u. PMC 3963123. PMID 24397362.
- ↑ Hansen, M. Design and Synthesis of Selective Serotonin Receptor Agonists for Positron Emission Tomography Imaging of the Brain. PhD Thesis, University of Copenhagen, 2011.
- ↑ Casale, John F.; Hays, Patrick A. (2012). "Characterization of Eleven 2,5-Dimethoxy-N-(2-methoxybenzyl)phenethylamine (NBOMe) Derivatives and Differentiation from their 3- and 4-Methoxybenzyl Analogues - Part I" (PDF). Microgram Journal. 9 (2): 84–109. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- ↑ "Temporary class drug order report on 5-6APB and NBOMe compounds". UK Home Office. 4 Jun 2013. Retrieved 2013-07-10.
- ↑ https://lakemedelsverket.se/upload/lvfs/LVFS_2013-15.pdf
- ↑ "关于印发《非药用类麻醉药品和精神药品列管办法》的通知" (in Chinese). China Food and Drug Administration. 27 September 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.