|Public limited company|
|Traded as||LSE: NCC|
Source code escrow
|Headquarters||Manchester, United Kingdom|
Number of locations
Paul Mitchell (Chairman)|
Rob Cotton (CEO)
|Revenue||£133.7 million (2015)|
|£22.6 million (2015)|
|£16.8 million (2015)|
Number of employees
NCC Group (LSE: NCC) is an information assurance firm headquartered in Manchester, United Kingdom. Its service areas cover software escrow and verification, cyber security consulting and managed services, website performance, software testing and domain services. NCC Group claims over 15,000 clients worldwide. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
NCC Group was formed in June 1999, when the National Computing Centre sold its commercial divisions to its existing management team supported by private equity firm ECI Ventures. This new company was named NCC Services Ltd and was renamed NCC Group Ltd in May 2000. In 2000, Rob Cotton was hired as finance director and subsequently took responsibility for the Group’s escrow division. In 2003 he led a secondary management buyout and became chief executive of NCC Group Ltd. This valued the Group at £30 million and was supported by Barclays Private Equity.
On July 12, 2004 NCC Group was admitted to trading on AIM, with the flotation raising £38.1 million before expenses. After rapid expansion, in July 2007 the Group made the move to the London Stock Exchange's main market.
NCC Group has expanded through a mixture of organic growth and acquisitions, as outlined below.
- 2006 Recall Total Information Management’s escrow division
- 2006 Source Harbor
- 2007 Secure Test
- 2007 Site Confidence
- 2008 Escrow Europe
- 2008 Next Generation Security Software (NGS)
- 2010 iSEC Partners Inc
- 2010 SDLC Solutions
- 2010 Meridian Services International
- 2011 Axzona Ltd
- 2011 Escrow Associates
- 2012 Matasano Security
- 2012 Intrepidus Group
- 2014 FortConsult A/S
- 2015 Open Registry Group
- 2015 Accumuli
- 2015 Fox-IT
- 2016 Payment Software Company, Inc.
- Software escrow and verification
- Security consulting
- Risk Management & Governance
- Technical Security Consulting
- Cyber Defence Operations and Incident Response
- Security managed services
- Managed Security Scanning Services
- Two 24/7 Security Operations Centres
- Web performance
- Software testing
- Security consulting
- Domain Services
In 2012 NCC Group announced the investment of £6 million over 15 months in a wholly owned subsidiary, Artemis Internet. This was used to apply for a new .secure generic Top Level Domain (gTLD) and develop an associated security programme.
- "Annual Report for year ended 31 July 2015" (PDF). NCC Group. Retrieved 27 December 2015.
- NCC Group joins FTSE 250 Index. NCC Group. Retrieved 26 December 2015.
- "About NCC Group - IT Security Services, Escrow, Website Performance and Software Testing Services". nccgroup.trust. 2012-08-31. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "NCC Group | ECI Partners". www.ecipartners.com. Retrieved 2016-01-26.
- "NCC: 40 years on - towards a new age of innovation". Computerweekly.com. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- Peter Campbell (2013-08-07). "CITY INTERVIEW: Rob Cotton's one-man war against cyber hackers | Mail Online". London: Dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "Equistone Partners Europe - NCC Group". Equistonepe.com. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "13/07/07 Exchange is delighted to welcome NCC Group plc to the Main Market.". London Stock Exchange. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "NCC Group Purchases Source Code Escrow Division of Recall". Prweb.com. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "NCC Group buys US-based Source Harbor for up to 1.5 mln usd - Finance News - London South East". Lse.co.uk. 2006-07-07. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "UPDATE 1-NCC year profit up 29 pct, sees more growth | Reuters". In.reuters.com. 2008-07-03. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "NCC Group says H1 pretax up 23 pct acquires Site Confidence for 91 mln stg". Lse.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "NCC Group acquires Escrow Europe Holdings". Computerweekly.com. 2008-01-23. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "NCC acquires security testing rival NGSS for £10m". Computerweekly.com. 2008-11-28. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "NCC Group acquires iSEC Partners". Growthbusiness.co.uk. 2010-10-19. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "NCC Group Buys SDLC Solutions For Maximum Consideration Of £15 Mln In Cash - Quick Facts". Rttnews.com. 2010-04-23. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "NCC Group acquires credit card auditor Meridian for up to £3 mln - Proactiveinvestors (UK)". Proactiveinvestors. 2010-03-19. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "NCC Group acquires Axzona web performance". Compute Scotland. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- Kevin Feddy (2011-03-29). "NCC Group buys Escrow Associates in £6m deal". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "NCC Group will pay up to £8.4m to acquire Matasano Security | 2 August 2012". Stock Market Wire. 2012-08-02. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "NCC Group buys Intrepidus Group | ChannelBiz UK". Channelbiz.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "NCC Group PLC Acquisition of FortConsult". wsj.com. Retrieved 2014-05-17.
- "NCC Group acquires Open Registry Group". NCC Group. 2015-01-20. Retrieved 2015-09-23.
- "IT security firm NCC buys UK rival Accumuli to boost capabilities". Reuters. 2015-03-24. Retrieved 2015-03-24.
- "NCC Group plc". Retrieved 27 December 2015.
- "NCC Group acquire Payment Software Company". Manchester Evening News. 2016-09-29. Retrieved 2016-10-04.
- "Home page". NCC Group. Retrieved 27 December 2015.
- "NCC Group to invest £6m in web domain". Manchester Evening News. 2012-05-10. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "NCC Group PLC Acquisition of first gTLD .trust". Wall Street Journal. 2014-02-17. Retrieved 2014-05-17.