|Public (LSE: DPH)|
|Headquarters||Northwich, United Kingdom|
Michael Redmond, (Chairman)|
Ian Page, (CEO)
|Revenue||£203.5 million (2015)|
|£44.4 million (2015)|
|£19.5 million (2015)|
The Company was founded in 1997 by way of a management buy-out from Lloyds Chemists. It was first listed on the London Stock Exchange in 2000. In 2007 it bought VetXX, a Danish veterinary products business, for £62m. It sold its veterinary services business to US-firm, Patterson Companies, for £87.5m in July 2013 in order to focus on its higher margin manufacturing business.
The Company sells pharmaceuticals - mainly for dogs, cats, equine and food producing animals; products include Vetoryl for Cushing's disease in dogs and Felimazole for hyperthyroidism in cats. It is organised into two divisions: European Pharmaceuticals and US Pharmaceuticals.
- "Annual Report 2015". Retrieved 3 April 2016.
- Montague Private Equity announces sale of VetXX
- "Dechra Pharma to buy VetXX for 61.7 mln stg". Reuters. Retrieved 28 March 2015.
- "Dechra sells up". Investors Chronicle. 11 July 2013. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- "Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC". dechraplc.com. Retrieved 28 March 2015.