|Public limited company|
|Traded as||LSE: WG.|
|Industry||Oil and gas|
|Headquarters||Aberdeen, Scotland, UK|
|Ian Marchant (Chairman), Robin Watson (Chief Executive)|
|Products||Oil and gas engineering, production support, gas turbine maintenance|
|Revenue||US$5,000.6 million (2015)|
|US$341.0 million (2015)|
|US$90.1 million (2015)|
Number of employees
Wood Group (officially John Wood Group PLC) is a multinational oil and gas services company headquartered in Aberdeen, Scotland. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
The business was founded by Sir Ian Wood in 1982, when it split away from JW Holdings, the largest fishing company in Scotland. JW Holdings had diversified into the energy services business at the outset of the North Sea oil industry in the early 1970s.
In 2002, the company was listed on the London Stock Exchange.
In March 2015, Wood Group has secured a contract worth over NOK500m (£41m) to expand and upgrade the Kollsnes gas processing plant in Norway. The contract was awarded by Statoil on behalf of plant operator Gassco. Under the deal, Wood Group will carry out engineering modifications and upgrades to the facility, located west of Bergen.
Wood Group is an international energy services company with around $6bn sales and operating in more than 50 countries. The Group is built on Core Values and provides a range of engineering, production support and maintenance management services to the energy and industrial sectors worldwide. Wood Group Mustang, Wood Group PSN, and Wood Group Kenny merged into Wood Group starting July 1, 2016. A new company logo was released on August 1, 2016.
- "Annual Results 2015". Wood Group. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- "Contact Wood Group - Global Office Locations". woodgroup.com. Retrieved 31 December 2015.
- "Wood Group Company History and Heritage". woodgroup.com. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- Darroch, Valerie (31 December 2006). "Boss of the year: Sir Ian Wood reveals the secret of his success as he gets ready for a new role". Sunday Herald. Retrieved 27 April 2008.
- "Wood Group wins contract to upgrade Kollsnes gas plant in Norway". Offshore Technology. 16 March 2015. Retrieved 3 April 2015.