Electra Private Equity
|Traded as||LSE: ELTA|
|Kate Barker, (Chairman)|
|Products||Investments, private equity funds|
|Revenue||£82.0 million (2015)|
|£45.0 million (2015)|
|£29.0 million (2015)|
Electra Private Equity is a British-based investment trust specialising in private equity. The trust is managed by Electra Partners LLP an independent private equity fund manager and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. Among the firm's most notable investments are:
- Parkdean Resorts
- AXIO Data Group
- Hollywood Bowl Group (The Original Bowling Company)
- TGI Fridays
- Photobox Group
The company was founded by Michael Stoddart in 1976 as Electra Investment Trust. The current management team of the company's manager, Electra Partners, trace their roots with the firm to 1992. In 1999 3i Group made an unsuccessful hostile bid to take over the company. In 2005, Electra Partners Europe completed a spinout from its investment trust parent. The following year, in 2006, Electra Partners Europe renamed itself Cognetas.
- "Annual Results 2015" (PDF). Electra Private Equity. Retrieved 3 April 2016.
- Electra bombshell on pay blew up 3i talks The Independent, 30 March 1999
- Electra spin-out delays fundraising. Dow Jones Financial News, May 27, 2005
- Electra Partners Europe renames itself Cognetas, opens new office in Italy. AltAssets, September 6, 2006
- "Electra Private Equity". Trustnet Direct. Retrieved 3 April 2016.