Witan Investment Trust
|Public (LSE: WTAN)|
Andrew Bell (CEO)|
Harry Henderson (Chairman)
Witan Investment Trust plc (Witan) a multi-managed, global equity investment trust, with a portfolio diversified by geographical region, industrial sector and individual stock. Witan is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
Witan Investment Trust was created in 1909 to manage the estate of Alexander Henderson, 1st Baron Faringdon. First listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1924, it established Henderson Administration (now Henderson Global Investors) to manage its funds in 1932 and then sold its remaining stake in Henderson in 1997. In 2004, Witan became self-managed, appointed its first CEO and adopted a multi-manager approach. Andrew Bell was appointed CEO in 2010.
The company has assets under management of approximately £1.8 billion. Its portfolio is actively managed by 10 third-party delegated managers, who are allocated proportions of the assets to manager. The in-house team, based in London, consists of the CEO and a Director of Investment, together responsible for the selection and monitoring of the managers, for the management of the direct investments made by the Company and for the management of the Company's gearing policy.
- "History of the Trust". witan.com. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- Morris, Pamela (2013-02-14). "Money Marketing Profile: Andrew Bell". London: Money Marketing. Retrieved 2013-06-28.
- "Witan Investment Trust Factsheet December 2015" (PDF). www.witan.com. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- "Witan Investment Trust Annual Report 2014". Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- "Witan Board Of Directors". witan.com. Retrieved 3 April 2015.