|Headquarters||169 Euston Road, London|
Vagn Sørensen, Chairman|
Kate Swann, Chief Executive
|Products||Restaurants, Cafes, Bars, Fast Food|
|Revenue||£1,832.9 million (2015)|
|£97.4 million (2015)|
|Profit||£60.3 million (2015)|
Number of employees
SSP Group plc is a British multinational company, headquartered in London, England, which operates branded Catering and Retail units at over 125 airports and 270 train stations around the world as a concessionaire. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
The business was established as a division of SAS Group under the name of SAS Catering in 1961. It was subsequently renamed Select Service Partner ('SSP') and acquired by Compass Group in May 1993 for £72 million. Compass then merged SSP with several other companies it owned, including Travellers Fare, British Rail's former catering division which had been privatised under a management buy-out in 1988 before being bought by Compass in 1992. In 2006 the business was bought by EQT Partners for £1.822 billion. The company was the subject of an initial public offering in 2014.
SSP operates a vast portfolio of small brands - most of which are locally specific. They also operate international brands such as:
- Ajisen Ramen
- Millie's Cookies
- Burger King
- Caffè Ritazza
- Camden Food Co.
- Caviar House & Prunier Seafood Bar
- Marks & Spencer Simply Food
- Pumpkin Café Shop
- Upper Crust
- YO! Sushi
- "Annual report 2015" (PDF). SSP Group. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- "EQT to acquire Select Service Partner from Compass". EQT. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
- "Compass sells Moto service stations and Upper Crust food chain for £1.8bn". 10 April 2006. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
- "Travellers Fare". Cinven. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
- "Shares rise in SSP stock market debut". The Telegraph. 10 July 2014. Retrieved 8 September 2014.