|Public (LSE: RPC)|
|Predecessor||Reedpack Containers Ltd|
|Founded||1991 as RPC Containers Ltd|
Jamie Pike, Chairman |
|Revenue||£1,222.4 million (2015)|
|£131.6 million (2015)|
|£41.2 million (2015)|
RPC Group plc (LSE: RPC) is a packaging business based in the United Kingdom, and is one of Europe's largest supplier of plastic packaging. Its headquarters are in Higham Ferrers, near Rushden in Northamptonshire. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
The Company was established in 1991 by way of a management buyout of five plastic packaging businesses. It was first listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1993. In December 2013 it acquired Maynard & Harris Plastics, a manufacturer of rigid plastic packaging, for £103.5 million and in May 2014 it bought Ace Corporation Holdings, a Chinese injection moulder, for up to $430 million.
In March 2016 the RPC Group bought French bottle-top maker Global Closure Systems (GCS Group) for an enterprise value of 650 million euros (468.7 million pounds) to strengthen its position in Europe's plastic packaging market.
- "Preliminary Results 2015" (PDF). RPC Group. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- "Amcor leads Europe's Plastics Packaging Industry". Retrieved 22 December 2014.
- RPC Group Marketing Services. "RPC Company History". rpc-group.com. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "RPC acquires plastics group M&H in £100m deal". Packaging News. 17 December 2013. Retrieved 22 December 2014.
- "RPC buys China's Ace Corp. in Asia push". Plastics News. 1 May 2014. Retrieved 22 December 2014.
- RPC Group: Sites
- Questor share tip: RPC's acquisition looks good Daily Telegraph, 17 December 2010