|Industry||Plastic Piping systems manufacture|
|Headquarters||Broomhouse Lane, Edlington, Doncaster, DN12 1ES, England, UK|
Number of locations
|UK, Mainland Europe and Middle East|
Ron Marsh (Chairman)|
David Hall (CEO)
|Products||Plastic flexible pipes, ventilation equipment and systems|
|Revenue||£352.9 million (2015)|
|£54.2 million (2015)|
|£34.1 million (2015)|
Polypipe is a manufacturer of plastic piping systems, for use in the residential, commercial, civils and infrastructure sectors. The piping systems are used for a variety of applications including drainage, plumbing, water supply, water management, cable management, heating and ventilation. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
In October 1995 the company bought Sud Ouest Plastiques (of France) for £2.1m, in January 1997 it bought TDI for £3.1m and in November 1997 it bought Gabo Systemtechnik for £6m. Then in July 1998 the company bought Domus Ducting (renamed Polypipe Ventilation) for £4.7m and in January 1999 it bought Pagette Sanitar Produktions (of Germany) for £9m.
In March 1999 the company was bought by IMI for £337m; Kevin MacDonald made £56m from this deal and Geoffrey Harrison made £12.5m.
IMI sold Polypipe to Castle Harlan (of the USA), a private equity company, for £293m in September 2005.
In May 2007 it bought Terrain, a PVC piping business in Aylesford in Kent. Then in August 2007, a management buyout took control of the company from the private equity company, in a deal funded by Bank of Scotland Integrated Finance. In February 2010 the company bought Silavent, a ventilation manufacturer.
- Polypipe Building Products - based in Doncaster and Glasgow
- Polypipe Civils - based in Loughborough and Horncastle
- Polypipe Terrain - based in Aylesford, Kent
- Polypipe Ventilation - based in Kirk Sandall
- Robimatic - based in Kirk Sandall
- Polypipe Italy – based in Monleone di Cicagna, Genova, Italy
- Polypipe France – based in Seppois-le-Bas, Castres and Aubagne, France
- Polypipe Middle East - based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, with offices also in Doha, Qatar
- Surestop - based in Birmingham
The Polypipe range includes above and below ground drainage, plastic plumbing and underfloor heating systems, ventilation solutions, water supply systems, sewerage pipe systems for water authorities, land drainage products for agricultural use, surface water drainage, cable protection and sustainable urban drainage solutions (SUDS).
- "Preliminary Results 2015". Polypipe. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- "Polypipe purchase sees HBOS continue its private equity-style spending spree". The Telegraph. 14 August 2007. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Polypipe has acquired Sud Ouest Plastiques, French maker of plastic conduits, for £2.1m". UK Business Park. October 1995. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Polypipe plc to buy Great Britain's TDI". Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "POLYPIPE BUYS PIPE MAKER GABO". Plastics News. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Polypipe has cash to carry on buying". Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Pipe firm splashes out to buy toilet seat maker.". Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Castle Harlan buys plastic pipe systems supplier Polypipe Group in £293m deal - AltAssets Private Equity News". Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Polypipe acquires Terrain Drainage". Building. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Polypipe buys Silavent". Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- Guy Bentley (11 April 2014). "Polypipe latest to join UK IPOs". Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Polypipe acquires Ferrob ventilation business". Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Bracebridge CF Advises on Sale of Surestop to Polypipe Group". Bracebridge. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Polypipe acquires Nuaire for £145m". Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Group Home - Polypipe". Retrieved 26 January 2016.