Jardine Lloyd Thompson
|Traded as||LSE: JLT|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
Geoffrey Howe, Chairman |
Dominic Burke, CEO
|Revenue||£1,155.1 million (2015)|
|£172.4 million (2015)|
|£113.4 million (2015)|
Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group is a British multinational corporation headquartered in London, England, that provides insurance, reinsurance, employment related advice and brokerage services. It is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
The company was first established as a division of Jardine Matheson in 1972. In 1991, Jardine Insurance Brokers was first listed on the London Stock Exchange. In 1997, it merged with Lloyd Thompson Group to form Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group. In June 2007, it acquired Pavilion Insurance and in June 2008, it announced its acquisition of Harman Wicks and Swayne.
In January 2010, the company acquired the Iimia Wealth Management (IWM) division of Midas Capital for a cash consideration of £7.25 million and in October 2010 the company acquired a majority interest in Orbital Corredores de Seguros, the 4th largest insurance broker in Chile via acquisition of a majority stake in its holding company Alta SA.
In May 2012, the company acquired Towner Management Group’s Barbados business and operations. Towner’s US arm, Towner Management group US also entered into a joint venture with the JLT Group, resulting in Towner’s rebranding as JLT Towner. Then in October 2012 the company acquired Alexander Forbes Consultants and Actuaries for a purchase price of £17 million.
In February 2013, the company acquired Insfield Insurance Brokers Sdn Bhd in Malaysia and in May 2013 the company acquired PT GESA Assistance (GESA) and PT Global Asistensi Manajemen Indonesia (GAMI), two Indonesian healthcare management and third party administration service providers, combining them to form PT JLT GESA.
Then in September 2013, the company bought Towers Watson’s reinsurance brokerage business and in August 2014 it announced that JLT Specialty and Lloyd & Partners would merge and that there would be an expansion of the company's US capabilities.
The company has operations organised as follows:
- Risk and Insurance
- − Advice and consultancy
- − Brokerage and placement
- − Specialist insurance products
- − Captive management
- − Claims management and consultancy
- Employee Benefits
- − Pension and retirement services
- − Health, risk and benefits
- − Investment services
- − Wealth Management
Some 40% of the company is still owned by Jardine Matheson.
- "Annual Report 2015" (PDF). Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- "Tips of the Week". Investors Chronicle. 1 November 2007.
- "JLT acquires Harman Wicks & Swayne businesses". Insurance Daily. 17 June 2008.
- "JLT brand refresh and website launch". Base One. 25 August 2009.
- "JLT acquires HSBC insurance brokers business". Insurance Age. December 2009. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "JLT completes acquisition of iimia Wealth Management". Money Marketing. January 2010. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "JLT acquires majority interest in Chilean brokerage". Property Casualty. January 2010. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "JLT buys Barbados Towner Management Group". Captive Review. May 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "JLT acquires Alexander Forbes' employee benefits business". Health Insurance Daily. October 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "JLT acquires Insfield Insurance Brokers Sdn Bhd". Insurance Journal. February 2013. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "JLT acquires in Indonesia". Insurance Insight. May 2013. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "JLT buys Towers Watson's reinsurance brokerage business". Insurance Age. 20 September 2013. Retrieved 22 June 2015.
- "JLT Specialty and Lloyd & Partners merge". Insurance Age. 29 August 2014. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "Lloyd's provides cover for "Coldest Journey"". Insurance Daily. 11 December 2012. Retrieved 8 April 2015.