|Traded as||LSE: BOY|
|Headquarters||Macclesfield, Cheshire, United Kingdom|
Alan Thomson (Chairman)|
Stephen Harris (CEO)
|Revenue||£567.2 million (2015)|
|£77.9 million (2015)|
|£56.2 million (2015)|
Number of employees
Bodycote plc is a supplier of heat treatments, metal joining, hot isostatic pressing and coatings services. Based in Macclesfield, United Kingdom, it is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
It refocused on its present activities in the 1970s, particularly in bullet-proof and flame retardant clothing in the specialist materials sector. From 1979 onwards it made a series of acquisitions, the first of which was Blandburgh, a heat treatment business. In 1980 it went on to buy Zinc Alloy Rust Proofing Ltd, which was the beginning of its metallurgical coatings business.
In 1990 Bodycote acquired Metallurgical Testing Services Ltd (MTS) of Edinburgh from Murray International plc, laying the foundations for what would become Bodycote's materials testing business. In 2008 the materials testing division was sold to private ownership leading to the founding of the testing company Exova. In 1991 it bought HIP Ltd, a leading Hot Isostatic Processing business.
- Heat Treatment: operates computerised heat treatment centres and metal joining facilities which undertake contract work for the aerospace, power generation, automotive, railway and general engineering industries.
- Surface Technology: operates coating centres which provide ceramic coatings, sherardizing, zinc flake organic coatings, mechanical plating, PVD coatings, and anodising.
- Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP): works with the power generation, precision castings, automotive, aerospace, precision tooling and medical engineering industries.
- Specialty Stainless Steel Processes (S3P): features Kolsterising® and Nivox® technology offer unique surface hardening solutions for austenitic stainless steel, nickel-based alloys and cobalt-chromium alloys producing increased mechanical and wear properties without adversely affecting corrosion resistance.
- "Annual Report 2015" (PDF). Bodycote. Retrieved 28 March 2016.
- "Our company – Bodycote plc". bodycote.com. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- Bodycote International plc completes acquisition of Lindberg Corporation
- Change of name Bodycote, April 2008
- "What we do – Bodycote plc". bodycote.com. Retrieved 24 March 2015.