|Public limited company|
|Traded as||LSE: EVR|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
Alexander Abramov (Chairman)|
Alexander Frolov (CEO)
|Revenue||US$8,552 million (2015)|
|US$(24) million (2015)|
|US$(719) million (2015)|
|Owner||Roman Abramovich (31.03%)|
Number of employees
EVRAZ plc (Russian: ЕВРАЗ) is a multinational vertically integrated steel making and mining company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It has operations mainly in Russia, but also in Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Italy, Czech Republic, the United States, Canada and South Africa. The company employs about 100,000 people. Evraz is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
The company was founded as a small metal trading business in 1992. On June 2, 2005 Evraz Group floated some 8.3 percent of its shares in the form of GDR in London. The company was priced at $14.50 per GDR implying an equity value of $5.15 billion. An additional 6% stake was placed in January 2006, resulting in a total free-float of 14.3%.
Evraz is a vertically integrated holding with high self-sufficiency in iron ore and excess coking coal production, which enables the company to be one of the largest participants on the domestic coking coal market through its affiliates. EVRAZ also controls some metal trading and logistic assets. The business structure is as follows:
- Nizhny Tagil Iron and Steel Plant - NTMK - in Nizhny Tagil; major steel and vanadium slag producer
- Novokuznetsk Iron and Steel Plant - NKMK in Novokuznetsk; major steel producer; leading in railway steel (merged with EVRAZ ZSMK)
- Palini e Bertoli in Italy's Udine Province; rolling mill/steel plate products, in association with Clama Srl
- Strategic Minerals Corporation - Stratcor in the United States; vanadium, tungsten, alloys; facilities in Arkansas, Pennsylvania, Brits, North West in South Africa; headquartered in Danbury, Connecticut
- EVRAZ Consolidated West-Siberian Metallurgical Plant (EVRAZ ZSMK) large steel producer in Siberia; merged with EVRAZ NKMK in 2011 (http://www.mbdatabase.com/Basic-Information/EVRAZ-ZSMK-Consolidated-West-Siberian-Metallurgical-Plant/20264/1)
- EVRAZ North America leading steel manufacturer built on the pedigree of successful steel companies – formerly known as Oregon Steel, Rocky Mountain Steel and IPSCO. The company is headquartered in Chicago, Ill., and its six manufacturing facilities are located in Portland, Ore.; Regina, Saskatchewan; Pueblo, Colo.; Calgary, Camrose and Red Deer, Alberta.]]
- Evrazruda mining and enrichment facilities in Kemerovo Oblast
- In the Kemerovo Oblast: Tashtagol Mine, Kaz Mine, Sheregesh Mine, Gurev Mine, Abagur Sinter and Enrichment Plant
- Kachkanarsky Ore Mining and Processing Enterprise - Vanady - KGOK pit mining in Sverdlovsk region;
- Sukha Balka Mines, Kryvyi Rih, Ukraine.
- Yuzhkuzbassugol coking coal mining in the Kuzbass Region
- Raspadskaya/ coking coal company with thee mines and one open pit in Mezhdurechensk, Kemerovo region, EVRAZ owns 82% of Raspadskaya
- EVRAZ Highveld Steel and Vanadium Corporation Ltd. in South Africa
- EVRAZ Vanady Tula
- EVRAZ Nikom
Sales and logistics
- Metallenergofinance MEF, supplying electricity and heat for Evraz facilities
- Nakhodka Commercial Sea Port in the Russian Far East, handling most of Evraz' exports
- Trading House EvrazHolding/TH EvrazHolding working in domestic sales
- Trading House EvrazResource/TH EvrazResource working in domestic sales
Mastercroft was a wholly owned subsidiary of the company as of 30 June 2006. The company's interests in the majority of its subsidiaries are held indirectly through its ownership of Mastercroft. In June 2006 Evraz Group announced a transaction that resulted in the transfer to Greenlease International Holding of a 50% interest in Lanebrook Ltd., an entity controlled by the principal shareholders of Evraz Group. As of April 2015 Lanebrook Ltd. held 63.70% of the company's shares, with the ultimate beneficial owners being Roman Abramovich (31.03%), chairman Alexander Abramov (21.59%) and CEO Alexander Frolov (10.78%).
- "Annual Report 2015" (PDF). Evraz. Retrieved 3 April 2016.
- "Homepage". Evraz. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- "History of the Evraz Group". steelonthenet.com. Retrieved 28 March 2015.
- EVRAZ Raises $422M in soft London IPO St Petersburg Times, 3 June 2005
- "Russian and Kazakh firms set for relegation from FTSE 100". City AM. 29 May 2013. Retrieved 28 March 2015.
- Our business Evraz
- "Share information 20 April 2015". Evraz. Retrieved 2015-03-17.