|Public (LSE: ECM)|
Peter Johnson, Chairman |
Lindsley Ruth, CEO
|Revenue||£1,291.1 million (2016)|
|£40.1 million (2016)|
|£21.9 million (2016)|
Number of employees
Electrocomponents plc is a British-based distributor of electronics, automation and control components, engineering tools and consumables. It is headquartered in Oxford, England and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
The company was founded by J.H. Waring and P.M. Sebestyen in 1937 as Radiospares selling spare parts for radios in London. In 1967 it was first listed on the London Stock Exchange as Electrocomponents. In 1999 it acquired Allied Electronics, a US-based distributor.
Electrocomponents is a distributor of electronics and industrial products, serving over 1 million customers in more than 80 countries. The company distributes over 500,000 products, including electronic components, electrical, automation and control, and test and measurement equipment, and engineering tools and consumables, sourced from 2,500 suppliers. The company trades under the brands:
In 2014, Electrocomponents was named UKTI Digital Business of the Year at the 2014 National Business Awards. In 2012, Electrocomponents was presented the Queen's Award for Enterprise for continuous achievement in international trade.
- "Annual Report and Accounts 2016" (PDF). Electrocomponents. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- Electrocomponents: History
- Avnet Loses Allied, Gains Alliance - Company Business and Marketing
- "Investor centre". electrocomponents.com. Retrieved 28 March 2015.
- "Winners of the National Business Awards 2014". Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- "2012 Winners - The Queen's Awards For Enterprise Magazine". queensawardsmagazine.com. Retrieved 28 March 2015.