Nikkei 225 Component
|Founded||Yokohama, Japan (1884 )|
|Headquarters||Marunouchi Nakadori Bldg., 2-3, Marunouchi 2-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8322, Japan|
|Revenue||JPY) (FY 2012)|
|JPY) (FY 2012)|
Number of employees
Footnotes / references|
The company was founded by Furukawa Ichibei in 1884 in Yokohama when a copper-smelting facility and a wire manufacturing factory were established. Furukawa was a Japanese businessman who founded one of the fifteen largest industrial conglomerates in Japan, called Furukawa zaibatsu, to which Furukawa Electric belongs to this day.
Business segments and products
- Electronics and automotive systems
- Energy and industrial products
- Light metals
Furukawa Electric Group global logo
In April 2013 the company adopted a new group global logo mark "that will be shared among all global group companies as a symbol to create a greater sense of unity while helping to convey a stronger global market presence for the Furukawa brand".
- "Furukawa Electric Company Profile". Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- "Furukawa Electric Financial Statements 2013" (PDF). Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- "Components:Nikkei Stock Average". Nikkei Inc. Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- "Furukawa's technology contributed to the discovery of the Higgs boson" (PDF). Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- "Furukawa Electric Group Sustainability Report 2013" (PDF). Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- "New Furukawa Electric Group Global Logo Mark". Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- Official website (English)
- OFS-Optical Fiber Solution (subsidiary)
- "Company history books (Shashi)". Shashi Interest Group. April 2016. Wiki collection of bibliographic works on Furukawa Electric