|Traded as||TYO 7718.T|
|Industry||Electronics and printers|
Tegoshi, Shizuoka, Japan (1947)|
Established in 1950
|Hajime Sato (President and CEO)|
|Products||printers, electronic components, precision parts|
|Revenue||¥35,717 million (£267 million) (Year ended 28 February 2011)|
Number of employees
|Website||Star Micronics Co., Ltd.|
Star Micronics Co., Ltd. is a Japanese multinational electronic components and printer manufacturing company headquartered in Shizuoka, Japan. It was founded in 1947 as a precision processor of miniature components, later expanding into automatic lathes, printers, micro audio components, and other fields.
Premier Inn uses Star printers in reception to print an A4 invoice onto virtual A6 paper. Star is in partnership with Imonggo to provide software that supports their Cloud-based POS system. Star printers are used by high street retailer New Look.
- Star Micronics Co., Ltd. "Financial Indicators of Star Micronics Co., Ltd.". Retrieved 9 Jun 2011.
- Star Micronics Co., Ltd (28 February 2011). "Star Micronics Co., Ltd Business Area.". Retrieved 7 Jun 2011.
- "Star Micronics Co., Ltd Sales Figures.". Reuters.com. 11 April 2011. Retrieved 7 Jun 2011.
- Star Micronics Co., Ltd. "Star Micronics Co., Ltd Investor Relations.". Retrieved 7 Jun 2011.
- "Company Interview: Star Micronics.". Kiosk Europe. 5 April 2006. Retrieved 8 Jun 2011.
- "KioskCom Europe: Premier Inn selects Star Micronics for kiosk printer rollout.". Digital screenmedia Association. 30 September 2009. Retrieved 7 Jun 2011.
- Star Micronics Certified Software Partner via Starmicronics.com
- New Look updates its POS system - Retail Gazette