Nikkei 225 Component
|Industry||Electrical equipment / Defense / Telecommunications|
|Founded||Tokyo, Japan (March 1910 )|
|Headquarters||1-5-1, Kiba, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-8512, Japan|
|Yoichi Nagahama, (CEO and President)|
|Revenue||US$ 5.73 billion) (FY 2013)|
JPY 3.3 billion (FY 2013)(US$ 32 million) (FY 2013)
Number of employees
|52,409 (consolidated) (as of March 31, 2013)|
Footnotes / references|
Fujikura Ltd. (株式会社フジクラ Fujikura Kabushiki-gaisha) is a global, Tokyo-based electrical equipment manufacturing company, developing and manufacturing power and telecommunication systems products, including devices for optical fibers, such as cutters and splicers.
Fujikura was founded by Zenpachi Fujikura when he began manufacturing silk and cotton insulated winding wires in 1885. In 1910 Fujikura Electric Wire Corporation was established with Tomekichi Fujikura, Zenpachi's younger brother, acting as the company's representative. Over the years the company expanded both in Japan and overseas and as of 2013 the company had subsidiaries across Europe, Asia, North and South America and North Africa.
Major affiliates include Fujikura Rubber Ltd. and Fujikura Parachute (the latter is also known as Fujikura Aviation Equipment Corporation).
Business segments and products
- Power and telecommunication systems segment
- Electronics segment
- Automotive segment
- Wire harnesses and other electrical components for automobiles
- Real estate segment
- Defense segment
- Provision of products and services in this segment is primarily dealt with by Fujikura Parachute and Fujikura Rubber Ltd. This includes but is not limited to survival equipment, emergency life-saving devices such as life vests & inflatable life rafts, parachutes for emergency (e.g. bailing out of a stricken aircraft via Ejection seat or other means, insertion into remote/cut off areas by emergency personnel such as smokejumpers), airborne and sporting (including Paragliding) usage, and aircraft braking systems (e.g. for the Japan Air Self-Defense Force's F-2 fighter).
- "Corporate Profile". Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- "Annual Report 2013" (PDF). Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- "Fujikura History". Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- "Global Network" (PDF). Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- "Components:Nikkei Stock Average". Nikkei Inc. Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- "Fujikura received an order of special large core fibers for the Subaru Telescope". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- "Major Products". Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- Official website (English)