OTC Pink: TKOMF
OTC Pink: TKOMY
|Headquarters||Marunouchi, Tokyo, Japan|
Kunio Ishihara (Chairman)|
Shuzo Sumi (President)
|Revenue||JP¥ 3,710,066 million (FY 2007)|
|JP¥ 108,766 million (FY 2007)|
Number of employees
Tokio Marine Holdings, Inc. (株式会社東京海上ホールディングス Kabushiki-kaisha Tōkyō Kaijō Hōrudingusu, TYO: 8766, OTC Pink: TKOMY), formerly known as Millea Holdings until 2008, is a multinational insurance holding company headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. It is the largest property/casualty insurance group in Japan in terms of revenue, employing 29,000 people in 38 countries worldwide.
Originally founded in 1879 as Tokio Marine Insurance, it is the oldest insurance company in Japan. Millea Holdings was established in 2002 to become the parent company to Tokio Marine Insurance and Nichido Fire Insurance in preparation for their merger.
Tokio Marine acquired the Philadelphia Insurance Companies for $4.7 billion in 2008, and acquired the Delphi Financial Group for $2.66 billion in 2012. In June 2015, Tokio Marine announced it would be acquiring HCC Insurance Holdings for $7.5 billion. Tokio Marine forecast that 46% of its profits would come from outside Japan following the HCC acquisition.
The company in August 2016 announced an expansion in the United States. The leasing of "nearly 68,000 square feet of office space, split between Jersey City and midtown Manhattan, in a transaction brokered by Jones Lang LaSalle. The global insurance firm signed for 46,360 square feet at 499 Washington Boulevard in Jersey City, NJ, with The LeFrak Organization and inked a lease for 21,499 square feet at 1221 Avenue of the Americas in midtown Manhattan with building owner The Rockefeller Group."
Domestic Non-Life Insurance Business
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co.
- Nisshin Fire & Marine Co.
- E.design Insurance
- Tokio Marine Millea SAST
Domestic Life Insurance Business
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Life Insurance Co.
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Financial Life Insurance Co.
International Insurance Business
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies
- Tokio Marine Asia - Regional HQ for Asia Pacific
- Tokio Marine Kiln Group
- Delphi Financial Group
Other Non-Insurance Businesses
- Tokio Marine Asset Management
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Career Service Co.
- Millea Real-Estate-Risk Management
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Facilities
- Millea Mondial
- Tokio Marine Nichido Samuel
- Name change from "Millea Holdings, Inc." to "Tokio Marine Holdings, Inc."
- Fukase, Atsuko (10 June 2015). "Tokio Marine to Buy HCC Insurance for $7.5 Billion". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- Taiga Uranaka (10 June 2015). "Tokio Marine to buy HCC Insurance for $7.5 billion". Reuters. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- Lubetkin, Steve. "Tokio Marine Leasing Office Space In Jersey City And Midtown Manhattan". globest.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tokio Marine Holdings.|