Nikkei 225 Component
|Founded||Tokuyama, Yamaguchi (February 16, 1918 )|
|Headquarters||Kasumigaseki Common Gate West Tower, 2-1, Kasumigaseki 3-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8983, Japan|
|Revenue||JPY 287.33 billion) (FY 2013)|
US$ 99.20 million (FY 2013)(JPY 10.21 billion) (FY 2013)
Number of employees
|5,756 (consolidated, as of March 31, 2014)|
Footnotes / references|
The company was founded as Nihon Soda Kogyo Co., Ltd., a producer of soda ash in 1918 by Katsujiro Iwai. It changed name in 1936 to Tokuyama Soda Co., Ltd. and in 1994 to its present name. It is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and is a component of the Nikkei 225 stock index.
Business segments and products
- Soda ash and calcium chloride
- Chlor-alkali and vinyl chloride products: caustic soda (liquid, flake), propylene oxide, vinyl chloride monomer
- New organic chemicals: isopropyl alcohol
Specialty products business
- Electronic materials: polycrystalline silicon
- Fumed silica
- SHAPAL products: aluminum nitride (powder, granules)
- IC chemicals and the cleaning system: high purity chemicals for electronics manufacturing, positive-type photoresist
Life & amenity business
- Fine Chemicals: photochromic dye materials, hard coating solutions for plastic lenses, pharmaceutical bulk ingedients, amino radical protectants
- Microporous film: polyethylene porous film
- Dental materials
- "Company Overview". Tokuyama Corporation. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- "Company Profile". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- "1366 Technologies and Tokuyama Corporation form strategic partnership". 1366 Technologies. May 7, 2013. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- "About Us". World of Chemicals. Kimberlite Softwares Pvt. Ltd. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- "Components:Nikkei Stock Average". Nikkei Inc. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- "Company Overview". Energy Business Review. Progressive Digital Media Group.
- Official global website (English)