Headquarters in Gate City Ohsaki East Tower (left) in Tokyo
Nikkei 225 Component
|Founded||(August 29, 1923 )|
|Headquarters||Gate City Ohsaki, East Tower, Ōsaki, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 141-0032, Japan|
(President and Chairman of the Board)
|Products||see Divisions & Products|
|Revenue||US$ 7.37 billion) (FY 2013)|
JPY 19.6 billion (FY 2013)(US$ 190.2 million million) (FY 2013)
Number of employees
|25,524 (consolidated, as of March 31, 2014)|
Footnotes / references|
Fuji Electric Co., Ltd. (富士電機株式会社 Fuji Denki Kabushiki-gaisha), operating under the brand name FE, is a Japanese electrical equipment company, manufacturing pressure transmitters, flowmeters, gas analyzers, controllers, inverters, pumps, generators, ICs, motors, and power equipment.
Fuji Electric was established in 1923 as a capital and technology tie-up between Furukawa Electric, a spinnoff from Furukawa zaibatsu company, and Siemens AG. The name “Fuji” is derived from Furukawa's “Fu” and Siemens' “Ji”, since German pronunciation of Siemens is written jiimensu in Japanese romanization. The characters used to write Mount Fuji were used as ateji.
In 1935, Fuji Electric spun off the telephone department as Fuji Tsushinki (lit. Fuji Communications Equipment, now Fujitsu).
Divisions and products
- Power and social infrastructure
- Industrial infrastructure
- Power electronics
- Electronic devices
- Food and beverage distribution
- Vending machines
- Retail distribution systems
- Currency handling equipment
- Freezing and refrigerated showcases
- "Corporate Data". Fuji Electric. Retrieved April 1, 2015.
- "Company Snapshot". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved April 1, 2015.
- Stuart D. B. Picken (September 2, 2009). The A to Z of Japanese Business. Scarecrow Press. pp. 90–92. ISBN 978-0-8108-7035-2.
- Takafusa Nakamura; Kōnosuke Odaka (2003). The Economic History of Japan, 1600-1990: Economic history of Japan, 1914-1955 : a dual structure. Oxford University Press. p. 207. ISBN 978-0-19-828907-4.
- "Schneider-Fuji JV will have sales worth more than €450m". Drives & Controls. DFA Media. August 28, 2008. Retrieved April 2, 2015.
- Fuji Electric Group (English)
- List of Fuji Electric Systems Distributors (English)
- "Company history books (Shashi)". Shashi Interest Group. April 2016. Wiki collection of bibliographic works on Fuji Electric