Company headquarters in the Seavans North tower (right-hand side building)
|Traded as||TYO: 3436|
|Founded||(July 30, 1999 )|
|Headquarters||1-2-1 Shibaura, Minato, Tokyo 105-8634, Japan|
(President and CEO)
|Revenue||JPY) (FY 2013)|
$ 16.5 million USD (FY 2013)(¥ 1.8 billion JPY) (FY 2013)
Number of employees
|7,277 (consolidated as of December 31, 2013)|
Footnotes / references|
SUMCO Corporation (株式会社SUMCO Kabushiki-gaisha Samuko, formerly Silicon United Manufacturing Corporation and Sumitomo Mitsubishi Silicon Corporation) is a Japanese semiconductor company, manufacturing silicon wafers for semiconductor manufacturers worldwide. The company was established in 1999 as a joint venture between Mitsubishi Materials Corporation and Sumitomo Metal Industries and as of 2013 is the second largest silicon wafer producer in the world, after Shin-Etsu Handotai, with a market share of 30%.
- Single crystal silicon ingots
- Polished wafers
- Annealed wafers
- Epitaxial wafers
- Junction isolated wafers
- Silicon-on-Insulator (SOI) wafers
- Reclaimed polished wafers
- "Corporate Data". SUMCO Corporation. Retrieved September 26, 2014.
- "Company Profile". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved September 26, 2014.
- "Financials Statements". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved September 26, 2014.
- "SUMCO Corporation Company Profile". Hoover's. Retrieved September 26, 2014.
- "Market Share Analysis: Silicon Wafers, Worldwide, 2013". Gartner. Retrieved September 26, 2014.
- Kathryn Lynch-Morin (April 22, 2013). "Hemlock Semiconductor named supplier of the year by silicon-wafer producer SUMCO". MLive Media Group. Retrieved September 26, 2014.
- "Components:Nikkei Stock Average". Nikkei Inc. Retrieved September 26, 2014.
- "Product Lineup". SUMCO Corporation. Retrieved September 26, 2014.