|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||233.36 g·mol−1|
|3D model (Jmol)||Interactive image|
On October 18, 2012 the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs in the United Kingdom released a report about methoxetamine, saying that the "harms of methoxetamine are commensurate with Class B of the Misuse of Drugs Act (1971)", despite the fact that the act does not classify drugs based on harm. The report went on to suggest that all analogues of Methoxetamine should also become class B drugs and suggested a catch-all clause covering both existing and unresearched arylcyclohexamines, including 3-MeO-PCE.
This report also described the receptor binding profile of Methoxetamine and three additional dissociatives 3-MeO-PCP, 4-MeO-PCP and 3-MeO-PCE, showing them to have significant affinity for the PCP site of NMDAR and was later published in more detail.
- Morris, Hamilton; Wallach, Jason (July–August 2014). "From PCP to MXE: a comprehensive review of the non-medical use of dissociative drugs". Drug Testing and Analysis. 6 (7-8): 614–632. doi:10.1002/dta.1620. ISSN 1942-7611. PMID 24678061.
- Paoli, Giorgia De; Brandt, Simon D.; Wallach, Jason; Archer, Roland P.; Pounder, Derrick J. (June 2013). "From the Street to the Laboratory: Analytical Profiles of Methoxetamine, 3-Methoxyeticyclidine and 3-Methoxyphencyclidine and their Determination in Three Biological Matrices". Journal of Analytical Toxicology. 37 (5): 277–283. doi:10.1093/jat/bkt023. ISSN 1945-2403. PMID 23552616.
- Wallach, Jason; Colestock, Tristan; Cicali, Brian; Elliott, Simon P.; Kavanagh, Pierce V.; Adejare, Adeboye; Dempster, Nicola M.; Brandt, Simon D. (August 2016). "Syntheses and analytical characterizations of N-alkyl-arylcyclohexylamines". Drug Testing and Analysis. 8 (8): 801–815. doi:10.1002/dta.1861. ISSN 1942-7611. PMID 26360516.
- "3-MeO-PCE". New Synthetic Drugs Database.
- "Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs (ACMD) Methoxetamine report, 2012". UK Home Office. 18 October 2012.
- Roth, Bryan L.; Gibbons, Simon; Arunotayanun, Warunya; Huang, Xi-Ping; Setola, Vincent; Treble, Ric; Iversen, Les (March 2013). "The Ketamine Analogue Methoxetamine and 3- and 4-Methoxy Analogues of Phencyclidine Are High Affinity and Selective Ligands for the Glutamate NMDA Receptor". PLOS ONE. 8 (3): e59334. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0059334. ISSN 1932-6203. PMC 3602154. PMID 23527166.