|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||397.4 g/mol|
|3D model (Jmol)||Interactive image|
MDMB-FUBINACA (also known as MDMB(N)-Bz-F and FUB-MDMB) is an indazole-based synthetic cannabinoid that is presumed to be a potent agonist of the CB1 receptor and has been sold online as a designer drug. Although there is no pharmacological information about MDMB-FUBINACA itself, its benzyl analogue (instead of 4-fluorobenzyl) has been reported to be a potent agonist for the CB1 receptor (Ki = 0.14 nM, EC50 = 2.42nM). The structure of MDMB-FUBINACA contains the amino acid 3-methylvaline or tert-leucine methyl ester.
There have been a large number of reported cases of deaths and hospitalizations in relation to this synthetic cannabinoid, mainly in Russia and Belarus. MDMB-FUBINACA was first reported in 2014 and quickly gained a reputation as the most deadly synthetic cannabinoid drug sold to date. Up to 700 hospitalisations and 25 deaths were initially linked to MDMB-FUBINACA in media and government reports, and subsequent testing confirmed that at least 1000 hospitalisations and 40 deaths had occurred as a consequence of intoxication by MDMB-FUBINACA as of March 2015.
- "MDMB-FUBINACA". Cayman Chemical. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- Lee, Ji Hyun; Park, Han Na; Leem, Tan-Soon; Jeon, Joo-hyoung; Cho, Sooyeul; Lee, Jongkook; Baek, Sun Young (2016). "Identification of new synthetic cannabinoid analogue APINAC (adamantan-1-yl 1-pentyl-1H-indazole-3-carboxylate) with other synthetic cannabinoid MDMB(N)-Bz-F in illegal products". Forensic Toxicology. doi:10.1007/s11419-016-0331-z. ISSN 1860-8973.
- Buchler IP et al, INDAZOLE DERIVATIVES. WO 2009/106982
- Banister, Samuel D.; Longworth, Mitchell; Kevin, Richard; Sachdev, Shivani; Santiago, Marina; Stuart, Jordyn; Mack, James B. C.; Glass, Michelle; McGregor, Iain S.; Connor, Mark; Kassiou, Michael (27 July 2016). "Pharmacology of Valinate and tert-Leucinate Synthetic Cannabinoids 5F-AMBICA, 5F-AMB, 5F-ADB, AMB-FUBINACA, MDMB-FUBINACA, MDMB-CHMICA, and Their Analogues". ACS Chemical Neuroscience. doi:10.1021/acschemneuro.6b00137. PMID 27421060.
- Shevyrin, Vadim; Melkozerov, Vladimir; Nevero, Alexander; Eltsov, Oleg; Shafran, Yuri; Morzherin, Yuri; Lebedev, AlbertT. (August 2015). "Identification and analytical characteristics of synthetic cannabinoids with an indazole-3-carboxamide structure bearing a N-1-methoxycarbonylalkyl group". Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry. 407 (21): 6301–6315. doi:10.1007/s00216-015-8612-7. ISSN 1618-2642. PMID 25893797.
- "25 killed, over 700 hospitalized: Cheap 'Spice' designer drug causes severe poisoning across Russia". 7 October 2014. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- "Выступление председателя ГАК, директора ФСКН России В.П. Иванова на заседании ГАК 6 октября 2014 г." (in Russian). Federal Drug Control Service of the Russian Federation. 6 October 2014. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- I. Bulygina (21 October 2014). "Clinical presentations of intoxication by new psychoactive compound MDMB(N)-Bz-F. Thesis of The II Scientific and Practical Seminar 'Methodical, Organizational and Law Problems of Chemical and Toxicological Laboratories of Narcological Services', Moscow" (in Russian). Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- "Очередная жертва спайса" (in Russian). Federal Drug Control Service of the Russian Federation. 17 March 2015. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- "关于印发《非药用类麻醉药品和精神药品列管办法》的通知" (in Chinese). China Food and Drug Administration. 27 September 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.