|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||321.413 g/mol|
|3D model (Jmol)||Interactive image|
|(what is this?)|
RCS-4, or 1-pentyl-3-(4-methoxybenzoyl)indole, is a synthetic cannabinoid drug sold under the names SR-19, BTM-4, or Eric-4 (later shortened to E-4), but originally, OBT-199.
RCS-4 is a potent cannabinoid receptor agonist, with EC50 values of 146 nM for human CB1 receptors, and 46 nM for human CB2 receptors. All methoxyphenyl regioisomers, and N-butyl homologues of RCS-4 and its regioisomers also display potent agonist activities at CB1 and CB2 receptors.
In August 2011, New Zealand added not only RCS-4 but also its 1-butyl homologue, and the 2-methoxybenzoyl isomers of both these compounds, to a temporary class drug schedule (i.e. equivalent to Class C but reviewed after 12 months, and with personal possession and use of small amounts decriminalised), which was newly created under the Misuse of Drugs Amendment Act 2011 passed a week earlier.
- = WDU20111050614 "Ustawa z dnia 15 kwietnia 2011 r. o zmianie ustawy o przeciwdziałaniu narkomanii ( Dz.U. 2011 nr 105 poz. 614 )" Check
|url=value (help). Internetowy System Aktów Prawnych. Retrieved 12 June 2011.
- Banister, S. D.; Stuart, J.; Conroy, T.; Longworth, M.; Manohar, M.; Beinat, C.; Wilkinson, S. M.; Kevin, R. C.; Hibbs, D. E.; Glass, M.; Connor, M.; McGregor, I. S.; Kassiou, M. (2015). "Structure–activity relationships of synthetic cannabinoid designer drug RCS-4 and its regioisomers and C4 homologues". Forensic Toxicology. doi:10.1007/s11419-015-0282-9.
- Swedish Code of Statutes Regulation (2010:1086).
- Swedish Code of Statutes Regulation (2010:1086). (pdf)
- "Kronic ban passed by Parliament". The New Zealand Herald. NZPA. 4 August 2011. Retrieved 4 November 2011.
- "Synthetic cannabis off shelves by Wednesday". The New Zealand Herald. NZPA. 9 August 2011. Retrieved 4 November 2011.
- New Zealand Gazette. Tuesday 9 August 2011. Issue No 122, pp 3365-3366. Departmental Notices. Health. Misuse of Drugs Act 1975. Temporary Class Drug Notice.
- "关于印发《非药用类麻醉药品和精神药品列管办法》的通知" (in Chinese). China Food and Drug Administration. 27 September 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.