in West Roxbury, Massachusetts
|Founded||1952 in Roslindale, Massachusetts|
|Founder||Pat and Bud Roche|
Ed Roche / Rick Roche, owners|
Gary Pfeil, President
Bob Tassone, Controller
|Products||Groceries, Prepared Foods, Beer and Wine (select stores only)|
Number of employees
Roche Bros. Supermarkets, Inc. is a chain of supermarkets based in Wellesley, Massachusetts. The company's stores are primarily located in the Boston Metro Area. Roche Bros. also operates the supermarket chain Sudbury Farms.
A third banner, Brothers Marketplace, primarily the next-generation concept of the brothers Ed and Rick Roche, has two locations both opened in 2014. The first one was opened in Weston, Massachusetts and a second in Medfield, Massachusetts.
Pat and Bud Roche opened their first store in Roslindale, Massachusetts in 1952 as a meat and produce shop. The store expanded to include groceries in 1957.
Roche Bros currently has 19 locations.
- Acton, Boston, Bridgewater, Burlington, Easton, Marshfield, Mashpee, Millis, Natick, Needham, Norton, Quincy, Wellesley, Westborough, West Roxbury, Westwood
- Needham, Sudbury
- Weston, Medfield
- "Roche Bros. Company Information", Hoover's
- "Brothers Marketplace to Open in Medfield, Mass.", The Providence Journal, July 23, 2014
- Reiss, Jaclyn, "Omni’s exit makes way for new arrival", The Boston Globe, May 22, 2014
- Roche Bros releases some details on new small-format banner Food Dive, November 18, 2013
- "Roche Bros. - Company Information". Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- Roche Bros. locations - website
- Leung, Shirley, "With new openings, Downtown Crossing to take on European flair", The Boston Globe, April 29, 2014
- Convey, Eric, "Scenes from opening day: Roche Bros. opens in Downtown Crossing (BBJ photo gallery)", Boston Business Journal, April 29, 2015