Dick Boer (CEO)|
Frans Muller (CIO and Deputy CEO)
Jeff Carr (CFO)
|Services||Convenience/forecourt store, discount store, drug store/pharmacy, hypermarket/supercenter/superstore, other specialty, supermarket, online retailer|
Ahold Delhaize is an international food retail group, operating supermarkets and e-commerce businesses. Its 22 local brands employ more than 375,000 associates in 6,500 stores in 11 countries. Formats include supermarkets, convenience stores, hypermarkets, online grocery, online non-food, drugstores, wine and liquor stores.
Ahold Delhaize’s international headquarters is in Zaandam, Netherlands. Its brands are active in Belgium, the Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Romania, Serbia and the United States. It also participates in joint ventures in Indonesia and Portugal.
Ahold Delhaize was formed in July 2016 from the merger of Ahold and Delhaize Group. Delhaize Group dates back to 1867, when the Delhaize brothers opened a wholesale grocery business in Charleroi, Belgium. Ahold traces its roots back to 1887, when Albert Heijn opened a first store in the Dutch town of Oostzaan.
- Food Lion
- Stop & Shop
- Giant Carlisle
- Martin's Food Markets
- Giant Landover
- Albert Heijn
- Red Market
- Gall & Gall
- Tempo Centar
- Alpha Beta
- Mega Image
- Pingo Doce
- Super Indo
Brands and formats
- Super Indo (51% ownership, with Salim Group)
- Albert (Czech Republic): supermarkets, compact hypers
- Mega Image (Romania): neighborhood supermarkets
- Pingo Doce (49% ownership, with Jerónimo Martins)
- Shop & Go (Romania): convenience stores
- Delhaize: supermarkets
- Proxy Delhaize: convenience stores
- AD Delhaize: local independent supermarkets
- Delhaize Shop & Go: convenience stores
- Red Market: low cost stores
- Albert Heijn: supermarkets
- ah.be: online grocery, pick-up points
- bol.com: online retailer (general merchandise)
- AB Vassilopoulos (Greece): supermarkets
- AB City (Greece): small self-service stores
- AB Food Market (Greece): large supermarkets
- AB Shop & Go (Greece): small, affiliated convenience stores
- ENA (Greece): low cost food supermarkets
- Albert Heijn: supermarkets
- ah.nl: online grocery, pick-up points
- AH to go: convenience stores
- Bol.com: online retailer (general merchandise)
- Etos: drug stores
- Gall & Gall: wine and liquor stores
- Maxi (Serbia): supermarkets
- Tempo (Serbia): hypermarkets
- Shop & Go (Serbia): corner stores
- ""Hoofdkantoor Ahold-Delhaize komt in Nederland" - HLN.be". hln.be. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- "Ahold, Delhaize complete merger agreement". SupermarketNews. 24 June 2015. Retrieved 2015-06-26.
- "FT.com". ft.com. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- "Delhaize Group and Ahold complete merger after receiving clearance from the U.S. Federal Trade Commission". GlobeNewswire. 2016-07-23. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "A New U.S.-European Grocery Giant Is Born - WSJ". wsj.com. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- "bfresh | Grocery Store". bfresh.com. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- "Red Market". redmarket.be. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- "Where we operate | Ahold Delhaize". aholddelhaize.com. Retrieved 2016-09-08.