|Traded as||TYO: 8113|
|Founded||February 10, 1961|
|Takahisa Takahara (President, CEO)|
|Revenue||¥495.77 billion (FY2013)|
|¥59.49 billion (FY2013)|
|¥43.12 billion (FY2013)|
|Total assets||¥535.06 billion (FY2013)|
|Total equity||¥278.35 billion (FY2013)|
Number of employees
Unicharm Corporation (ユニ·チャーム株式会社 Yuni chāmu kabushiki kaisha) is a Japanese company that manufactures disposable hygiene products, household cleaning products, specializing in the manufacture of diapers for both babies and adult incontinence, feminine hygiene products and pet care products. In 2016, it is the leader in baby and feminine care products in Japan.
Unicharm traces its roots to the Taisei Kako Co., Ltd., founded by Keiichiro Takahara in 1961, selling wood wool cement board. The company ventured to manufacture and sell sanitary napkins in 1963. The company then started selling tampons in 1974, when Unicharm Corporation was founded to separate the feminine care production from the main company.
The company has a number of prominent brands in its portfolio, including MamyPoko, Charm, Moony, BabyJoy, Babylove, Sofy and Lifree, Teemo. In December 2011, Unicharm acquired 51% ownership of pet products maker Hartz Mountain Corporation from Sumitomo Corporation.
Unicharm Group Companies
- Unicharm Australasia Pty. Ltd.
- PT. Unicharm Indonesia
- Unicharm Thailand Co, Ltd.
- Unicharm Singapore Pte Ltd.
- Unicharm Malaysia Sdn Bhd
- Unicharm Philippines, Inc.
- Unicharm India Pvt Ltd.
- Unicharm Gulf Hygienic Industries Ltd. KSA
- Unicharm (MENA) Middle East & North Africa Hygienic Industries S.A.E
- Diana Unicharm JSC.
- "FY2013 Consolidated Financial Results for the Fiscal Year Ended March 31, 2013 (April 1, 2012 through March 31, 2013)" (PDF). Unicharm Corporation. Retrieved 2013-10-01.
- "Annual Report 2012" (PDF). Unicharm Corporation. Retrieved 2013-10-01.