Buğu kebabı (Turkish for vapour kebab) is a lamb-based dish from the Turkish cuisine. Despite its name, it is not a kebab but a stew, like tas kebabı which is also a Turkish stew. Buğu kebabı is made with leg meat, shallots, tomatoes, fresh oregano, garlic, bay leaves, tomato paste and spices. The essence of the dish is to cook it for one-one and a half hour in a covered pan on low heat without or with very little (one cup) of water.
Note:Buğu kebabı is sometimes translated into English as "steam kebab"; in the Turkish cuisine there is an eggplant and meat stew/casserole called "islim kebabı", (which is also translated as steam kebab or steamed kebab), with which it should not be confused.
- DÜNYA YEMEKLERİ. largoandmax. pp. 1074–. GGKEY:GK3DN1CU0H8.
- "TÜRK DİL KURUMU". Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- "Buğu Kebabı Tarifi 1". Nefis Yemek Tarifleri. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- "Buğu Kebabı, Buğu Kebabı Tarifi". Oktay Usta Resimli Yemek Tarifleri. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- M. Ömür Akkor (1 June 2015). Ottoman Cuisine-A Rich Culinary Tradition. Işık Yayıncılık Ticaret. pp. 69–. ISBN 978-1-935295-31-0.
- Algar, (28 October 2013). Complete Book Of Turkish Cooking. Taylor & Francis. pp. 90–. ISBN 978-1-136-16621-1.