|No. 90 Buffalo Bills|
|Date of birth:||June 17, 1994|
|Place of birth:||Lake Wylie, South Carolina|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||270 lb (122 kg)|
|High school:||Central (SC) Daniel|
|NFL Draft:||2016 / Round: 1 / Pick: 19|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 10, 2016|
Lawson, named after basketball star Shaquille O'Neal, attended D. W. Daniel High School in Central, South Carolina. He had 99 tackles and nine sacks as a senior and 100 tackles and 13 sacks as a junior. Lawson was rated by Rivals.com as a four-star recruit and committed to Clemson University to play college football. After high school, Lawson attended Hargrave Military Academy for a year.
In his first year at Clemson in 2013, Lawson played in all 13 games and had 35 tackles and four sacks. The four sacks tied William Perry and Ricky Sapp for most by a first-year freshman in Clemson history at the time. This record was broken in 2016 by Dexter Lawrence. He again played in all 13 games as a sophomore in 2014 and made one start. For the season he had 44 tackles and 3.5 sacks. Lawson became a starter his junior year in 2015.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 3 in||269 lb||32 3⁄4 in||10 in||4.70 s||4.21 s||7.16 s||33 in||10 ft 0 in|
|All values from NFL Combine|
On May 17, 2016, Lawson underwent shoulder surgery and was ruled out 4 to 6 months. On August 30, 2016, Lawson was placed on the Reserve/PUP list. He was activated to the active roster on October 21, 2016.
Lawson recorded his first sack while playing the New England Patriots in week 8.
- Graham, Tim (May 2, 2016). "Originator of the oversized name, Shaquille O'Neal eager to see what Shaq Lawson can do for Bills". The Buffalo News. Retrieved May 2, 2016.
- "IM Player of the Year: Shaq Lawson".
- "Shaq Lawson".
- "Prep Signing Day Notebook: Lawson signs with Clemson".
- "Clemson's Shaq Lawson ready to step into spotlight". GoUpstate.com.
- "Fall fun: Clemson's Shaq Lawson enjoying getting ready for his breakout season". The Greenville News. August 18, 2015.
- "Clemson's Shaq Lawson ready for bigger role". ESPN.com.
- "Lawson primed to take over as next great Clemson sack-master". Post and Courier.
- "Shaq Lawson is ready for his time to shine".
- "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles – Shaq Lawson". National Football League.
- "NFL draft: Results, analysis for every Round 1 pick". ESPN.com. April 29, 2016. Retrieved April 29, 2016.
- Edholm, Eric. "Bills' first round pick Shaq Lawson undergoes shoulder surgery". Yahoo Sports. Retrieved May 17, 2016.
- Brown, Chris. "Reserve/PUP for Shaq Lawson; WR Little among cuts to get to 75". BuffaloBills.com.
- Brown, Chris (October 21, 2016). "Shaq Lawson added to active roster; to make NFL debut Sunday". BuffaloBills.com.
- Bonnell, Rick (December 28, 2015). "Defensive end Shaq Lawson took the long ride home to Clemson stardom". The Charlotte Observer. Retrieved April 29, 2016.