|No. 28 Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|Date of birth:||June 3, 1995|
|Place of birth:||Tampa, Florida|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||204 lb (93 kg)|
|High school:||Tampa (FL) Wharton|
|NFL Draft:||2016 / Round: 1 / Pick: 11|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 13, 2016|
Vernon Hargreaves III (born June 3, 1995) is an American football cornerback for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted 11th overall by the Buccaneers in the 2016 NFL draft. He played college football at Florida.
Hargreaves attended Wharton High School in Tampa, Florida, where he played football for coach David Mitchell. As a sophomore in 2010, he had 44 tackles, two sacks and two interceptions. As a junior in 2011, he had 49 tackles and two interceptions, along with 11 offensive touchdowns. As a senior in 2012, he had 110 tackles and five interceptions. He was recognized as the most valuable player (MVP) of the 2013 Under Armour All-America Game.
Hargreaves also competed in track & field at Wharton. As a senior in 2012, he posted a personal-best time of 22.56 seconds in the 200-meter dash at the Hillsborough County National Division. At the FHSAA District Meet, he placed fourth in the 100-meter dash (11.10 s), second in the long jump (22 ft 3 1⁄2 in or 6.79 m) and twelfth in the high jump (5 ft 10 in or 1.78 m).
Hargreaves accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida, where he has played for coach Will Muschamp and Jim McElwain's Florida Gators football teams in Southeastern Conference (SEC) competition in 2013, 2014 and 2015. As a true freshman in 2013, he started 10 of 12 games, recording 38 tackles and three interceptions, and received first-team All-SEC honors at cornerback. As a sophomore, he played 12 games with 3 interceptions, 13 passes defended, and 2 fumble recoveries on 50 tackles. As a junior, he made 4 interceptions, a forced fumble, and 4 passes defended on 33 tackles in 12 games. After his junior year, he announced his intentions to enter the 2016 NFL Draft.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|5 ft 10 3⁄8 in||204 lb||30 5⁄8 in||8 3⁄4 in||4.50 s||1.58 s||2.62 s||3.98 s||39 in||10 ft 10 in||15 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine,|
Hargreaves was drafted in the 2016 NFL Draft by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with the eleventh overall pick.
- "Florida high school sports – Under Armour All-America Game: Vernon Hargreaves III takes on nation, emerges triumphant for Tampa Bay".
- "Hillsborough County National Division (Western Conference)". flrunners.com.
- "FHSAA 4A District 6". flrunners.com.
- "Vernon Hargreaves III".
- "Cornerback Vernon Hargreaves shining star in Florida's 2013 disappointment". timesfreepress.com.
- Coaches tab Gators freshman Vernon Hargreaves first-team All-SEC Archived December 15, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Vernon Hargreaves". National Football League.
- "*Vernon Hargreaves III - Florida, CB : 2016 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile".
- "NFL draft: Results, analysis for every Round 1 pick". ESPN.com. 29 April 2016. Retrieved 29 April 2016.