Thomas with the Virginia Tech Hokies in 2011
|No. 82 Buffalo Bills|
|Date of birth:||July 1, 1991|
|Place of birth:||Lynchburg, Virginia|
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||250 lb (113 kg)|
|High school:||Lynchburg (VA) Brookville|
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 4 / Pick: 120|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Logan Lamont Thomas (born July 1, 1991) is an American football tight end for the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in the fourth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at Virginia Tech and was the Hokies' starting quarterback from 2011 to 2013.
Thomas attended Brookville High School in Campbell County, Virginia. He played quarterback, wide receiver, and defensive back. As a senior he completed 118 of 204 passes for 1,535 yards and 20 touchdowns and had 842 rushing yards and 11 touchdowns as a quarterback. On defense, he had 80 tackles and four interceptions. He played in the 2009 U.S. Army All-American Bowl.
In addition to football, Thomas also competed in track & field his junior and senior years at Brookville. He earned All-state honors in the 110m hurdles (14.95 s), the 300m hurdles (41.03 s), high jump (1.96 m), and discus (48 m). At the 2009 Seminole District Outdoor T&F Championships, he won the long jump event, posting a career-best jump of 6.70 meters.
After being redshirted in 2009, Thomas spent 2010 as the backup quarterback to Tyrod Taylor, appearing in seven games. He completed 12 of 26 passes for 107 yards and 22 rushing yards on six attempts. He also had a two-yard receiving touchdown on his lone reception.
In 2012, Thomas completed 220 of 449 passes for 2,976 yards and 18 touchdowns with 16 interceptions. He also rushed for 528 yards and 9 touchdowns. As a senior in 2013 he passed for 2,907 yards with 16 touchdowns and 13 interceptions.
Thomas was a quarterback prospect in the 2014 NFL Draft. He was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in the fourth round with the 120th overall pick. Thomas was the sixth quarterback taken in the draft behind Blake Bortles (3rd, Jacksonville Jaguars), Johnny Manziel (22nd, Cleveland Browns), Teddy Bridgewater (32nd, Minnesota Vikings), Derek Carr (36th, Oakland Raiders) and Jimmy Garoppolo (62nd, New England Patriots). The Cardinals signed him on a four-year contract on May 21, 2014.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 6⅛ in||248 lb||34¼ in||10⅞ in||4.54 s||1.61 s||2.60 s||4.18 s||7.05 s||35½ in||9 ft 10 in||x reps||x|
|All values from NFL Combine|
Thomas made his NFL debut on October 5, 2014, Week 5 against the Denver Broncos in relief of the injured Drew Stanton. Thomas completed his third career NFL pass for an 81-yard touchdown to Andre Ellington. Thomas became the first NFL quarterback to have his first career completion be for 80+ yards since Pittsburgh Steelers's Neil O’Donnell 89 yard pass, against the San Diego Chargers on September 1, 1991. Thomas finished the game completing a single pass in eight attempts as the Cardinals were defeated by the Broncos 41–20. After Week 16 and after the Cardinals one sided loss to the Seattle Seahawks it was announced that the Cardinals would start rookie Thomas over the struggling Ryan Lindley. However, after a shaky week of practice, coach Bruce Arians announced that the Cardinals would instead go with Lindley.
Thomas was claimed off waivers by the Miami Dolphins on September 6, 2015. The Dolphins released Thomas on September 11, 2015. He was then re-signed by the Miami Dolphins to their practice squad on September 15, 2015. On December 16, 2015, the Miami Dolphins elevated Thomas from practice squad.
New York Giants
On June 17, 2016, Thomas was claimed off waivers by the New York Giants. On September 3, 2016, he was released by the Giants. The next day, he was signed to the Giants practice squad. Thomas was on and off the Giants' practice squad throughout the first three months of the season before being released on November 22, 2016, a total of 13 transactions with the team.
Thomas switched his position to tight end and was signed to the Lions' practice squad on November 28, 2016.
On November 30, 2016, the Buffalo Bills signed Thomas off the Lions practice squad.
- "Logan Thomas - Stats". MileStat.com. Retrieved 2016-06-19.
- "Seminole District Outdoor T&F Championships - Complete Results (Raw)". MileStat.com. Retrieved 2016-06-19.
- Giannotto, Mark (2011-08-06). "Logan Thomas getting his chance to run Hokies' offense". Washington Post. Retrieved 2016-06-19.
- "Logan Thomas". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-06-19.
- "Logan Thomas". sports-reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved September 17, 2016.
- "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Logan Thomas". www.nfl.com. Retrieved 2016-06-19.
- "NFL Draft Prospects". CBSSports.com. Retrieved 2016-06-19.
- Daniels, Tim (2014-05-10). "ARI Takes Logan Thomas, 1st QB of Day 3". Bleacher Report. Retrieved 2016-06-19.
- "Arizona Cardinals: Logan Thomas". www.azcardinals.com. Retrieved 2015-12-17.
- Patra, Kevin (May 21, 2014). "Arizona Cardinals sign rookie QB Logan Thomas". NFL.com. Retrieved 2014-06-01.
- "Logan Thomas – 2014 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile", NFLDraftScout.com
- "Cardinals' Drew Stanton leaves game; Logan Thomas in". NFL.com. October 5, 2014. Retrieved October 5, 2014.
- NFL (2015-08-17), Logan Thomas threads the needle to Andre Ellington for an 81-yard TD (Week 5, 2014), retrieved 2016-06-19
- Hanzus, Dan (September 5, 2015). "Logan Thomas released by Arizona Cardinals". nfl.com. Retrieved September 5, 2015.
- Alper, Josh (September 6, 2015). "Logan Thomas lands with Dolphins". NBCSports.com. Retrieved September 7, 2015.
- Nogle, Kevin (September 11, 2015). "Dolphins promote Jonas Gray to 53-man roster; Sam Brenner called up as well". The Phinsider. Retrieved October 9, 2015.
- Kelly, Omar (September 16, 2015). "Three Dolphins defensive ends nursing injuries". Sun Sentinel. Retrieved October 8, 2015.
- Beasley, Adam (2015-12-16). "Miami Dolphins elevate backup QB Logan Thomas from practice squad". Miami Herald. Retrieved 2015-12-17.
- Gantt, Darin (June 16, 2016). "Dolphins cut bait on quarterback Logan Thomas". NBCSports.com. Retrieved June 18, 2016.
- Marron, Brian (June 17, 2016). "Logan Thomas Signed by Giants, B.J. Daniels Waived: Details, Comments, Reaction". Bleacher Report. Retrieved August 14, 2016.
- Patra, Kevin (June 18, 2016). "New York Giants claim QB Logan Thomas off waivers". NFL.com. Retrieved June 18, 2016.
- Eisen, Michael. "New York Giants announce 20 roster moves". Giants.com.
- Eisen, Michael. "Giants announce practice squad; claim DT Robert Thomas". Giants.com.
- Eisen, Michael. "Giants sign DT Montori Hughes; release Kicker Randy Bullock". Giants.com.
- "Giants Re-Sign LB Deontae Skinner To Practice Squad, Cut QB Logan Thomas".
- Rogers, Justin (November 28, 2016). "Lions sign Logan Thomas to practice squad as TE". DetroitNews.com.
- Brown, Chris (November 30, 2016). "Bills sign TE Logan Thomas". BuffaloBills.com.
- "Logan Thomas". NFL Enterprise. Retrieved March 14, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Logan Thomas.|