Kenny Clark (defensive tackle)
Kenneth Duane Clark, Jr. (born October 4, 1995) is an American football defensive end for the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League (NFL). Playing college football for the UCLA Bruins, he was named a third-team All-American as a junior in 2015, when he also earned his second all-conference selection in the Pac-12. He was selected by the Packers in the first round of the 2016 NFL draft, with the 27th overall pick.
Clark attended Wilmer Amina Carter High School in Rialto, California. As a senior he had 71 tackles and 11 sacks. He was rated by Rivals.com as a four-star recruit and committed to the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) to play college football. Clark also wrestled in high school.
Clark appeared in all 13 games as a true freshman at UCLA in 2013. He started four games and had 31 tackles. As a sophomore in 2014, Clark was a second-team All-Pac-12 selection after starting all 13 games and making 58 tackles. Already established as a strong run defender, he improved as a pass rusher as a junior after entering 2015 with just one career sack. He had a career-high three sacks against Washington State. He was named third-team All-American by the Associated Press and was the lone Bruin named first-team All-Pac-12. Clark had a career-high 11 tackles in the Foster Farms Bowl against Nebraska, and ranked second on the team with 75 tackles and six sacks. After the season, he decided to forgo his senior year and enter the 2016 NFL draft.
Clark was selected in the first round (27th overall) by the Green Bay Packers in the 2016 NFL Draft. On July 17, 2016, he signed a contract with the Packers.
- ↑ "Rivals".
- ↑ "High School Wrestling: UCLA football commit Kenny Clark competing in state meet".
- ↑ "UCLA football notes: Kenny Clark growing into anchor for Bruins' defensive line".
- ↑ KYLE GLASER (1 September 2015). "UCLA: Rialto Carter's Clark a defensive force up front". Press Enterprise.
- ↑ "UCLA DT Kenny Clark stands tall among Pac-12's best players". ESPN.com.
- ↑ 18 Bruins Named to Football All-Conference Teams, UCLABruins.com, December 2, 2014
- ↑ Terrill, Mark J. (November 18, 2015). "UCLA nose tackle Kenny Clark expands his repertoire". The Orange County Register. Archived from the original on November 21, 2015.
- ↑ Haney, Travis (December 13, 2015). "Heisman winner Henry leads selections for Associated Press All-America Team". ESPN.com. Archived from the original on December 14, 2015.
- ↑ Kaufman, Joey (December 1, 2015). "UCLA DT Kenny Clark on All-Pac-12 first team; eight Bruins on second team". Orange County Register. Archived from the original on December 2, 2015.
- ↑ Wang, Jack (December 28, 2015). "UCLA nose tackle Kenny Clark declares for NFL draft". Los Angeles Daily News. Archived from the original on January 5, 2016.
- ↑ "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Kenny Clark". NFL.com. Retrieved July 26, 2016.
- ↑ "Kenny Clark - UCLA, DT : 2016 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile". NFLDraftScout.com. Retrieved July 26, 2016.
- ↑ "Kenny Clark NFL Draft Profile". NFL.com. Retrieved July 26, 2016.
- ↑ "Packers sign first-round draft pick Kenny Clark". Packers.com. July 17, 2016. Retrieved July 26, 2016.