|No. -- Buffalo Bills|
Running back |
|Date of birth:||August 9, 1991|
|Place of birth:||Tampa, Florida|
|Height:||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight:||173 lb (78 kg)|
|High school:||Venice (FL)|
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 3 / Pick: 97|
|Roster status:||Reserve/Did Not Report|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2015|
Adrion Dante Archer (born August 9, 1991) is an American football running back and return specialist for the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the third round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at Kent State.
Archer attended Venice High School, where he was a member of the basketball, football, and track teams.
In track, he finished second in the 100 meters final of state track meet in his first full season of running (behind World Class sprinter Dentarius Locke and ahead of third place Denard Robinson), with a time of 10.49 seconds. He also ran the 200 meters in 21.46 seconds.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||40‡||Commit date|
| Dri Archer
|Venice, Florida||Venice High School||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)||160 lb (73 kg)||4.6||Jan 23, 2009|
|Scout: Rivals: 247Sports: N/A ESPN grade: NR|
|Overall recruiting rankings: Scout: – (RB) Rivals: – (RB), – (FL) ESPN: – (RB)|
Archer was offered track scholarships from both Clemson and Arkansas. Kent State was the only school to offer him a football scholarship, and that's where he elected to attend. As a freshman at Kent State University, in 2009, he played in 11 games as a wide receiver/running back and had 246 rushing yards and 231 receiving yards. The following season, he had 140 rushing yards and 75 receiving yards. Before the 2011 season, Archer was told a course he had taken again wasn't going to count and without the credits he's ineligible to play for the season. Although he was unable to suit up for games, he stayed with the team and continued to practice everyday and put more effort in his academics to make sure it wouldn't happen again.
In 2012, Archer had 1,429 rushing yards, 16 rushing touchdowns, 561 receiving yards, and four receiving touchdowns. His 23 total touchdowns led the MAC and set a single-season school record. Against Ball State, Archer had a 99-yard kick return for a touchdown and set a career-high with 350 all-purpose yards. Against Eastern Michigan, he had a rushing touchdown, a receiving touchdown, and a kick return touchdown. Against Army, he had 222 rushing yards, a rushing touchdown, and a passing touchdown. Archer was named the MAC Special Teams Player of the Year. He made the All-MAC first team as a running back and kick returner. He was also a finalist for the Paul Hornung Award. Archer was a consensus All-American.
|Rushing||Receiving||Kickoff Returns||Punt Returns|
2014 NFL Draft
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|5 ft 8 in||173 lb||31 in||8 7⁄8 in||4.26 s||1.47 s||2.34 s||4.06 s||6.86 s||38 in||10 ft 2 in||20 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
On September 7, 2014, Archer made his NFL debut against the Cleveland Browns. On October 5, 2014, against the Jacksonville Jaguars, Archer had a then career-best 36 kickoff return yards. On October 12, 2014, against the Cleveland Browns, Archer recorded career-highs in carries (3), rushing yards (24) and rushing long (15). On December 28, 2014, against the Cincinnati Bengals, Archer recorded a career-long 15-yard reception. On January 3, 2015, Archer made his postseason debut against the Baltimore Ravens, catching 3 passes for 15 yards.
In 2015 Archer did not record a carry or a catch for the Steelers offense, but saw more time as a kick returner. On October 1, 2015, against the Baltimore Ravens, Archer had a then career-long 31 yard kickoff return. On October 18, 2015, against the Arizona Cardinals, Archer once again recorded a career-long in a kickoff return, this time at 35 yards. On October 25, 2015, against the Kansas City Chiefs, Archer recorded his now career-long kick return of 38 yards.
New York Jets
On February 3, 2016, Archer signed a reserve/future contract with the New York Jets. On May 9, 2016, Archer was waived by the Jets as they elected to sign ex-New York Giants tight end, Jerome Cunningham.
Archer was claimed off waivers by the Buffalo Bills on May 10, 2016. When he failed to report to the team he was placed on the reserve/did not report list on May 18, 2016.
- "Kent State University Athletics – Dri Archer – 2013–14 Football". kentstatesports.com.
- "Dri Archer". kentstatesports.com. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- "Kent State's Archer named consensus FBS All-American". preps.heraldtribune.com. December 17, 2012. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- "Dri Archer". www.sports-reference.com. USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties. Retrieved December 12, 2013.
- "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles – Dri Archer". nfl.com.
- "Jets sign former Steelers KR Dri Archer, who ran second-fastest 40 in combine history". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-02-05.
- Coppinger, Mike (2014-05-10). "Pittsburgh Steelers draft Dri Archer, combine's fastest". National Football League. Retrieved 2015-11-08.
- "Pittsburgh Steelers: Dri Archer". www.steelers.com. Retrieved 2016-02-05.
- "Steelers vs. Jaguars – Box Score – October 5, 2014 – ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-02-05.
- "Dri Archer: Game Logs at NFL.com". www.nfl.com. Retrieved 2016-02-05.
- "Steelers vs. Browns – Box Score – October 12, 2014 – ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-02-05.
- "Bengals vs. Steelers – Box Score – December 28, 2014 – ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-02-05.
- "Ravens vs. Steelers – Box Score – January 3, 2015 – ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-02-05.
- "Ravens vs. Steelers – Box Score – October 1, 2015 – ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-02-05.
- "Cardinals vs. Steelers – Box Score – October 18, 2015 – ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-02-05.
- "Steelers vs. Chiefs – Box Score – October 25, 2015 – ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-02-05.
- Bouchette, Ed (2015-11-05). "Steelers replace Archer with ex-Raven Jacoby Jones". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved 2015-11-08.
- "Jets claim ex-Giants TE Jerome Cunningham, waive RB/KR Dri Archer". NJ.com. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- Brown, Chris (May 10, 2016). "Bills awarded claim for RB Dri Archer". BuffaloBills.com. Retrieved November 4, 2016.
- Brown, Chris (May 18, 2016). "Bills place RB Dri Archer on Reserve/Did Not Report list". BuffaloBills.com. Retrieved November 4, 2016.