|No. 98 New Orleans Saints|
|Date of birth:||April 2, 1994|
|Place of birth:||Covington, Georgia|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||305 lb (138 kg)|
|High school:||Covington (GA) Eastside|
|NFL Draft:||2016 / Round: 1 / Pick: 12|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 13, 2016|
Sheldon Taylor Rankins (born April 2, 1994) is an American football defensive tackle for the New Orleans Saints of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at the University of Louisville.
At Louisville, Rankins was mostly backup his freshman and sophomore years, recording 22 tackles and four sacks. As a junior, in 2013, Rankins started in all 13 games and had 53 tackles, eight sacks, and two interceptions. As a senior, in 2015, he had 58 tackles, six sacks, and a fumble return touchdown.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 1 in||299 lb||33 3⁄8 in||9 3⁄8 in||5.03 s||4.59 s||7.44 s||34.5 in||9 ft 10 in||28 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine,|
New Orleans Saints
On April 28, 2016, Rankins was drafted as the 12th overall pick by the New Orleans Saints in the first round of the 2016 NFL Draft. On May 9, 2016, the Saints signed Rankins to a four-year, 12.8 million dollar contract.
On August 16, 2016, Rankins suffered a broken fibula during practice. The injury required surgery with up to 6 weeks to recover. On September 6, 2016, he was placed on injured/designated for return list. He was activated off injured reserve on November 5, 2016 prior to Week 9.
- "Sheldon Rankins commits to Louisville". ESPN.com.
- "Louisville Cardinals' Sheldon Rankins wants to 'wreak havoc' in final season". The Courier-Journal. 20 July 2015.
- "Louisville's Sheldon Rankins praises Auburn offense, but hopes to 'wreak havoc'". AL.com.
- "Breakdown: Louisville DE Sheldon Rankins one to watch tonight".
- "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Sheldon Rankins". National Football League.
- "NFL draft: Results, analysis for every Round 1 pick". ESPN.com. 29 April 2016. Retrieved 29 April 2016.
- Sessler, Marc. "Sheldon Rankins breaks fibula, will have surgery". NFL. Retrieved August 16, 2016.
- "Saints put linebacker James Laurinaitis on injured reserve, ending his season". NOLA.com. November 5, 2016.