Greg Bell (American football)
|No. 28, 42|
|Date of birth:||August 1, 1962|
|Place of birth:||Columbus, Ohio|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||210 lb (95 kg)|
|NFL Draft:||1984 / Round: 1 / Pick: 26|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Gregory Leon Bell (born August 1, 1962 in Columbus, Ohio) is a retired American football running back who played in the NFL for the Buffalo Bills, the Los Angeles Rams, and the Los Angeles Raiders, from 1984 to 1990.
Bell played college football at the University of Notre Dame and was drafted by the Bills in the first round of the 1984 NFL Draft. Before going to Notre Dame, he attended South High School in Columbus, Ohio.
- 1980: 5 carries for 66 yards and 1 TD.
- 1981: 92 carries for 512 yards and 6 TD. 11 catches for 135 yards. 13 kick returns for 371 yards and 1 TD.
- 1982: 24 carries for 123 yards and 1 TD. 3 catches for 20 yards. 3 kick returns for 50 yards. 1 punt return for 12 yards.
- 1983: 37 carries for 169 yards and 4 TD. 6 catches for 65 yards and 1 TD. 5 kick returns for 108 yards. 10 punt returns for 55 yards.
He was a one-time Pro Bowler after his rookie year in 1984 with the Bills after having a 1,100 rushing yards and a seven touchdown season. Bell had his best year after the 1988 NFL season with the Rams, in which he had 1,212 rushing yards and led the league with sixteen touchdowns. He had a similar season the year after in which Bell had 1137 rushing yards and fifteen touchdowns, again leading the league.
- "Greg Bell". pro-football-reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved November 6, 2014.