William Jackson III
|No. 22 Cincinnati Bengals|
|Date of birth:||March 13, 1993|
|Place of birth:||Houston, Texas|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||187 lb (85 kg)|
|High school:||Houston (TX) Wheatley|
|NFL Draft:||2016 / Round: 1 / Pick: 24|
|Roster status:||Injured reserve|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
William Jackson III is an American football cornerback for the Cincinnati Bengals of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Bengals in the first round of the 2016 NFL Draft. He played college football at the University of Houston.
High school career
Jackson attended Trinity Valley Community College for his freshman year, before enrolling at the University of Houston for his sophomore year. As a senior, he broke up 23 passes and had 5 interceptions.
With a deep cornerback class going into the combine, many analysts were more focused on Vernon Hargreaves III, Jalen Ramsey, and Mackensie Alexander, regarding them as the top players at their position and had Jackson as a second round selection. Jackson was able to excel with an amazing performance at the combine and had his draft stock rise, while also being discussed as one of the top cornerbacks. Many analysts had Jackson projected to be drafted in either the first or early second round. Unfortunately, he was unable to finish all the drills at the combine after suffering cramps but was able to make them up at Houston's Pro Day. 31 teams were represented at Houston's Pro Day, while Jackson, Kenneth Farrow, Demarcus Ayers, and 13 other teammates were in attendance to workout. The majority of analysts had Jackson projected to be drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers after general manager Kevin Colbert and head coach Mike Tomlin attended his workout in person. His combination of size, speed, and athlectism were the main factors of being graded so highly.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 0½ in||189 lb||31 3/4 in||9 1/4 in||4.37 s||4.32 s||6.86 s||9 ft 8 in||10 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine and Houston Cougars pro day.|
- Jonah Tuls (February 9, 2016). "2016 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Houston CB William Jackson III". draftwire.com. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- Half Habib (April 9, 2016). "Houston corner William Jackson III speeding up NFL Draft lists". palm beach post.com. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- Sam Monson. "Why William Jackson III might be the best CB in the 2016 Draft". Profootballfocus.com. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- "William Jackson III Draft Profile – NFL.com". NFL.com.
- "William Jackson III/Houston, CB:2016 NFL Draft". NFLdraftscout.com. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- Gil Brandt (March 25, 2016). "Saints, Steelers get good look at top CB prospect". NFL.com. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- Jacob Klinger (April 7, 2016). "NFL mock draft 2016: Pittsburgh Steelers select William Jackson III, per Mel Kiper". pennlive.com. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- Bucky Brooks (March 1, 2016). "Jared Goff heads combine risers; Noah Spence, Connor Cook fall". NFL.com. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- "NFL draft: Results, analysis for every Round 1 pick". ESPN.com. 29 April 2016. Retrieved 29 April 2016.
- "Overthecap.com:William Jackson III contract". Over the cap.com. Retrieved October 18, 2016.
- Wagner-McGough, Sean. "Bengals' first-round pick William Jackson lands on injured reserve". CBSSports.com.
- Michael Rosenhouse. "UH's William Jackson III makes his way to the NFL with the support of his family". CW39.com. Retrieved December 1, 2016.