Buckner in 2016
|No. 99 San Francisco 49ers|
|Date of birth:||March 17, 1994|
|Place of birth:||Waianae, Hawaii|
|Height:||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Weight:||300 lb (136 kg)|
|High school:||Honolulu (HI) Punahou|
|NFL Draft:||2016 / Round: 1 / Pick: 7|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 11, 2016|
Buckner attended Punahou School in Honolulu, Hawaii. He was a four-star recruit by Rivals.com. In January 2012, he committed to the University of Oregon to play college football. Buckner also played basketball in high school.
Buckner played in all 13 games as a true freshman in 2012, making two starts. He finished the year with 29 tackles and 1.0 sack. As a sophomore in 2013, Buckner started eight of 13 games, recording 39 tackles and 2.5 sacks. As a junior in 2014, he finished the year with 81 tackles and 4.0 sacks. Buckner returned for his senior season, achieving both career highs in tackles, 83 and sacks, 10.5. Following his senior season, Buckner officially announced to enter the 2016 NFL Draft. He was considered one of top ranked defensive ends to be drafted.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 7 in||291 lb||34⅜ in||11¾ in||5.05 s||1.77 s||2.96 s||4.47 s||7.51 s||32 in||9 ft 8 in|
|All values from NFL Combine,|
- "Twin towers". Honolulu Star-Advertiser.
- Buffanblu's bruiser
- "DeForest Buckner".
- "Countdown to signing day: Defensive end DeForest Buckner could be next Dion Jordan for Oregon Ducks". OregonLive.com.
- Sleeping Giant
- "Freshmen Arik Armstead, DeForest Buckner and Alex Balducci in a class of their own on Oregon's D-line". OregonLive.com.
- "Ducks' defensive linemen double trouble for opponents". Statesman Journal. August 18, 2014.
- [sacks.http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/deforest-buckner-1.html "Sports-Reference DeForest Buckner"].
- "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - DeForest Buckner". National Football League.
- "NFL draft: Results, analysis for every Round 1 pick". ESPN.com. April 29, 2016. Retrieved April 29, 2016.