Glenn with the Buffalo Bills in 2014
|No. 77 Buffalo Bills|
|Date of birth:||September 18, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Riverdale, Georgia|
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||345 lb (156 kg)|
|High school:||Riverdale (GA)|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 2 / Pick: 41|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015|
Cordy Glenn (born September 18, 1989) is an American football offensive tackle for the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Bills in the second round of the 2012 NFL Draft. He played college football at Georgia. Glenn earned a 2010 All-American selection and was considered one of the best offensive guards of his class by NFLdraftscout.com.
High school career
Glenn attended Riverdale High School, where he was a two-way lineman and a teammate of Will Rackley. Regarded as a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, Glenn was listed as the No. 16 offensive guard prospect in the class of 2008.
Glenn ranks tied first all-time at UGA in career starts by an offensive lineman with 50 (tied with Clint Boling), of which 28 were at left guard, 18 at left tackle and four at right guard.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 5¾ in||345 lb||35¾ in||10⅛ in||5.15 s||5.00 s||8.13 s||23½ in||7 ft 9 in||31 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
On September 9, 2012, Glenn started at left tackle and helped block for a rushing attack in which C.J. Spiller rushed for a career-high 169 yards against the New York Jets. Glenn became first Bills rookie to start at left tackle in a season opener since 1990. (Glenn Parker) On September 16, 2012, Glenn and his offense did not allow a sack for the second straight week against the Kansas City Chiefs. It was the second time in team history the offensive line held opponents to zero sacks in the first two games of a season. The last time was during the 1980 season. On November 11, 2012, Glenn was part of an offense that produced season bests of 481 total yards and a time of possession of 33:50 against the New England Patriots. At the end of the 2012 season, Glenn started all 13 games he played. Glenn was part of an offensive line that held opponents to 30 sacks (5th fewest in the AFC), while blocking for a rushing attack that averaged 138.6 yards per game. (2nd in the AFC.)
On November 3, 2013, Glenn started at left tackle for an offensive line that did not give up a sack or quarterback hit and blocked for a rushing attack that recorded a season-high 241 yards rushing against the Kansas City Chiefs. At the end of the 2013 season, Glenn started all 16 games for the first time in his career. Glenn blocked for just the second Bills running back duo in franchise history to exceed 800 yards a piece on the ground (Fred Jackson & C.J. Spiller).
- "NFL Draft - 2012 OG Draft Prospects". CBSSports.com.
- "Offensive tackles 2008". Rivals.com. January 17, 2008.
- "Draft positional series: Offensive tackles, guards, centers". CBSSports.com. March 31, 2012.
- "Bills vs. Jets - Game Recap - September 9, 2012 - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- "Chiefs vs. Bills - Box Score - September 16, 2012 - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- "Bills vs. Patriots - Game Summary - November 11, 2012 - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- "Cordy Glenn". NFL.com. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- "Chiefs vs. Bills - Game Summary - November 3, 2013 - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- "Source: Glenn, Bills reach 5-year, $65M extension". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • Pro-Football-Reference
- Buffalo Bills bio
- Georgia Bulldogs bio