Huber in 2011.
|No. 10 Cincinnati Bengals|
|Date of birth:||July 16, 1985|
|Place of birth:||Cincinnati, Ohio|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||214 lb (97 kg)|
|High school:||Cincinnati (OH) Archbishop McNicholas|
|NFL Draft:||2009 / Round: 5 / Pick: 142|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 12, 2016|
Kevin Huber (born July 16, 1985) is an American football punter for the Cincinnati Bengals of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Bengals in the fifth round of the 2009 NFL Draft. He played college football at Cincinnati, where he was twice recognized as a consensus All-American.
Huber was born in Cincinnati, Ohio. He attended Archbishop McNicholas High School in Cincinnati, and played for the McNicholas Rockets high school football team. He was a three-time all-conference selection and was named the Greater Catholic League's Punter of the Year following his junior and senior seasons.
Huber attended the University of Cincinnati, where he played for the Cincinnati Bearcats football team from 2005 to 2008. As a junior in 2007, and again as a senior in 2008, he was recognized as a consensus first-team All-American. Huber holds the record for longest punt in Bearcats' history at 69 yards, which was set on September 17, 2007 at Memphis.
Awards and honors
- 2007 first-team All-American (AP, WCFF, Sporting News)
- 2007 Big East Special Teams Player of the Year
- 2008 first-team All-American (Rivals.com, AFCA FWAA SI.com)
The Cincinnati Bengals selected Huber in the fifth round (142nd overall pick) of the 2009 NFL Draft, and he has played for the Bengals since the 2009 season. In his six-year career, through game 6 of the 2014 season, Huber has played 84 games and averaged 44.3 yards on 418 punts. He has also been the Bengals' placekicking holder for his entire career.
In week 15 of 2013 against the Pittsburgh Steelers, Huber was blocked by Steelers linebacker Terence Garvin, which led to a fractured jaw. Afterwards, it was reported that Huber had also suffered a vertebral fracture in his neck, and would miss the remainder of the season.
- "2009 P Player Rankings".
- "Tebow, McFadden, Smith on AP All-America first team".
- "Walter Camp Football Foundation Announces 2007 All-America Team".
- "SN's 2007 college football All-Americans".
- "Rivals.com 2008 All-America Teams".
- "Texas Tech's Harrell Headlines 2008 AFCA Coaches' All-America Team". Archived from the original on December 7, 2008.
- "FWAA NAMES 2008 ALL-AMERICA TEAM".
- "SI.com's 2008 All-Americans". CNN. December 16, 2008. Retrieved May 7, 2010.
- Bleier, Evan (December 16, 2013). "Bengals punter Kevin Huber suffers fractured jaw during 30-20 loss on Sunday Night Football". United Press International. Retrieved December 16, 2013.
- "Huber out for the season due to injury". WXIX-TV. December 16, 2013. Retrieved December 16, 2013.