|Date of birth||August 19, 1946|
|Place of birth||Phoenix, Arizona|
|NFL draft||1968 / Round: 1 / Pick 5|
|1968–1977||Green Bay Packers|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Awards||Pro Bowl Co-MVP (1970)|
|Honors||Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame|
Carr attended Phoenix Union High School where he competed in basketball, and representing P.U.H.S. as a discus thrower and in the shot put. Fred was in the top ten discus throwers in the USA in his senior year. He played for Phoenix College before transferring to the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) in 1965, where he was called "Probably the best overall linebacker in school history." Fred was inducted into the UTEP Athletics Hall of Fame, September 23, 2005, and would later also be elected to the Phoenix College (PCAA) Hall of Fame in their inaugural class of 2007.
- "Fred Carr Statistics". Pro Football Reference. Retrieved October 16, 2008.
- "UTEP Centennial football team bios". El Paso Times. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- "Hall of Fame 2005 Inductees". UTEP. Archived from the original on October 19, 2012. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- "Hall of Fame Members". Phoenix College. Archived from the original on September 5, 2014. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- "Packers.com - Fred Carr". Packers.com. Retrieved October 16, 2008.