Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
Clinton-Dix in 2014
|No. 21 Green Bay Packers|
|Date of birth:||December 21, 1992|
|Place of birth:||Orlando, Florida|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||208 lb (94 kg)|
|High school:||Orlando (FL) Dr. Phillips|
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 1 / Pick: 21|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 12, 2016|
Ha'Sean Treshon "Ha Ha" Clinton-Dix (born December 21, 1992) is an American football free safety for the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Alabama. Clinton-Dix was drafted by the Packers in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft.
A native of Eatonville, Florida, Clinton-Dix was nicknamed "Ha Ha" as an infant by his grandmother in response to "Ha'Sean" often being mispronounced // (like "Shaun") instead of the intended // (like "seen"). He prefers to go by "Ha Ha" and has stated that both he and his coaches love the moniker.
Clinton-Dix spent his freshman and sophomore years at Edgewater High School, where he played running back and was a teammate of Mike Brewster. Before his junior year, Clinton-Dix transferred to Dr. Phillips High School where he was coached by Gleen Harris and played alongside Dee Hart where, in addition to football, he also lettered in basketball and track, participating in the 4 × 100 m and 4 × 400 m relay at Edgewater. In football, he was an All-American defensive back and kick returner at Dr. Phillips. Named a five-star recruit by Rivals.com, Clinton-Dix was ranked the No. 1 safety in his class and sixth-rated player overall. During his senior football season, Clinton-Dix, teamed with All-American running back Dee Hart, led Dr. Phillips to a 14–1 season. The Panthers lost to future-NFL running back Devonta Freeman and Miami Central in the Florida 6A State Championship Game, ending the season ranked #21 nationally by Rivals.com.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||40‡||Commit date|
| Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
|Orlando, Florida||Dr. Phillips High School||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)||190 lb (86 kg)||4.50||Apr 17, 2010|
|Scout: Rivals: 247Sports: ESPN:|
|Overall recruiting rankings: Scout: 1 (S) Rivals: 1 (S) 247Sports: 2 (S) ESPN: 2 (S)|
Clinton-Dix was one of seven true freshmen that had playing time in 2011 for the Alabama Crimson Tide football team. Alabama won the 2011 national championship as it shut out LSU 21–0. 2012, he led the team with five interceptions, and made seven tackles against Notre Dame in the 2012 championship game, one tackle less than C. J. Mosley. Alabama again won the BCS National Championship by blowing out Notre Dame 42–14.
On October 3, 2013, Alabama announced that Clinton-Dix had been suspended indefinitely for unspecified team rules violations. He was reinstated after a two-game suspension. He was a consensus selection for the 2013 All-America Team.
On December 2, 2013, Clinton-Dix underwent arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his knee. He finished his junior year with 51 tackles and 2 interceptions. As a junior in 2013, Clinton-Dix was a first-team All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) selection. He was named among the top 5 safeties by NFL Media analyst Charles Davis.
After the season, he decided to forgo his senior year and enter the 2014 NFL Draft.
|Clinton-Dix's NFL Combine workout|
|Clinton-Dix gets drafted by Green Bay|
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 1 in||208 lb||32 3⁄8 in||9 in||4.58 s||1.60 s||2.68 s||4.16 s||7.16 s||33 in||9 ft 11 in||11 reps|
|All values are from NFL Combine|
Clinton-Dix was selected by the Green Bay Packers as the 21st pick of the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft. On May 29, 2014, he signed a four-year contract roughly worth $8.339 million with a $4.384 million signing bonus. He currently wears number 21, which was previously worn by Charles Woodson.
He recorded his first sack against the Seattle Seahawks in week 1 of quarterback Russell Wilson. In Week 3 against the Detroit Lions, Clinton-Dix got his first NFL career interception. Clinton-Dix finished his rookie season second on the team in total tackles with 94. In the NFC championship against Seattle, Clinton-Dix intercepted Wilson 2 times when the Packers lost 22–28.
In 2015, Haha Clinton-Dix led the team in tackles with 100. In Week 6 against the Chargers, he recorded his first forced fumble off Chargers running back Melvin Gordon. In Week 9 against the Carolina Panthers, Clinton-Dix got in a sideline fight involving Julius Peppers and B. J. Raji as the Packers lost 29–37. On November 15, 2015, Clinton-Dix made a diving interception of Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford and led the team with 11 tackles but the Packers lost 16–18, which marked their first loss to the Lions at home since 1991. In the Cardinals playoff game, he intercepted Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer but the Packers lost in overtime 20–26.
- ": The origination of "Ha Ha"". NFL Fan Pass. NFL. May 2014. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- "Get to know Tide safety HaHa Clinton-Dix, starting with that nickname". AL.com. 2012-08-17. Retrieved 2014-05-10.
- "Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com Ranking - Rivals.com safeties 2011". Rivals.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2014-05-10.
- "Ha Ha Clinton-Dix of Alabama Crimson Tide suspended indefinitely for violation of team rules - ESPN". Espn.go.com. 2013-10-03. Retrieved 2014-05-10.
- "Alabama's Ha Ha Clinton-Dix reinstated | CollegeFootballTalk". Collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com. Retrieved 2014-05-10.
- "2013 All-SEC Football Team Announced". SEC Digital Network. December 10, 2013.
- 'Three-and-done': Alabama's HaHa Clinton-Dix heads to NFL Draft as top-ranked safety
- "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix". NFL.com. Retrieved August 5, 2016.
- "*Ha Ha Clinton-Dix - Alabama, FS : 2014 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile". NFLDraftScout.com. Retrieved August 5, 2016.
- Mayock, Mike (February 25, 2014). "Mike Mayock's position rankings for 2014 NFL Draft". NFL.com. Retrieved August 5, 2016.
- Wilson, Ryan. "2014 NFL Draft: Packers earn A for picking Ha Ha Clinton-Dix at No. 21". CBS Sports. Retrieved May 8, 2014.
- Patra, Kevin (May 29, 2014). "Ha Ha Clinton-Dix signs deal with Green Bay Packers". NFL.com. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "Clinton-Dix wears 21 which was worn by Charles Woodson". BleacherReport: Bob Fox. 2014. Retrieved May 31, 2014.
- http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Ha-Ha-Clinton-Dix-sacks-Russell-Wilson/bf4734d2- 55ee-4063-817b-2b49a9023547
- "Ha Ha Clinton-Dix: Game Logs at NFL.com". NFL.com. Retrieved August 5, 2016.
- Green Bay Packers bio
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • CBS Sports • Yahoo! Sports • Pro-Football-Reference