|No. 91 Los Angeles Rams|
|Date of birth:||April 28, 1992|
|Place of birth:||Staten Island, New York|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||285 lb (129 kg)|
|High school:||Staten Island (NY) Curtis|
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 1 / Pick: 29|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 11, 2016|
Dominique Easley (born April 28, 1992) is an American football defensive tackle for the Los Angeles Rams of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Florida. He was drafted by the New England Patriots in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft.
Easley attended Curtis High School in Staten Island, New York, where he played football and competed in track. In football, he was selected to play in the 2010 Under Armour All-America Game in St. Petersburg, Florida, where he announced his commitment to attend the University of Florida.
Easley also competed in track & field as a junior. At the 2009 PSAL Burough Championships, he won the shot put event, with a throw of 40 ft, and placed 10th in the 55-meter dash, with a time of 7.44 seconds. He took 8th in the shot put at the 2009 PSAL City Champs, with a PR of 43 ft 7 in.
Considered a five-star recruit by ESPN.com, Easley was listed as the No. 1 defensive tackle in the nation in 2010.
As a true freshman in 2010, Easley played sparingly, playing in six games and totaling four tackles. In 2011, he started all 12 regular-season games, before suffering a torn ACL against Florida State. He recorded a total of 37 tackles on the season, finishing tied for fifth on the team with 7.5 tackles for a loss. In 2012, he played in and started eleven games, missing two games due to injury. He collected 26 tackles on the season, including 8.5 tackles for a loss and a team leading four quarterback sacks, while adding a fumble recovery. In 2013, Easley's senior season was cut short after tearing his ACL in practice leading up to the Kentucky game. He totaled five tackles, including two for a loss.
New England Patriots
Dominique was selected by the New England Patriots as the 29th pick in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft. The team signed him to a 4-year contract on June 23, 2014. According to Ian Rapoport, the contract is for $7.3 million.
On September 7, 2014, Easley played in his first NFL regular season game, a 33–20 road loss to the Miami Dolphins. He would record his first career interception (off former Patriot Matt Cassel) the following week during a 30–7 win over the Minnesota Vikings. On December 17, the Patriots placed Easley on injured reserve. In 11 games of his rookie season, Easley finished with 9 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, and 1 interception.
After the departure of longtime starter Vince Wilfork, Easley began the 2015 season as one of the Patriots' starting defensive tackles. On December 15, 2015, the Patriots placed Easley on injured reserve once again, ending his season. He ended the season with 15 tackles and two sacks.
Los Angeles Rams
On May 17, 2016, Easley signed a one-year contract with the Los Angeles Rams after working out with the team.
Easley's mother is of Haitian descent.
- List of Florida Gators football players in the NFL
- List of Los Angeles Rams players
- List of New England Patriots players
- "Hamilton: Easley surprisingly commits to Florida". ESPN.com. 2010-01-02. Retrieved 2016-05-14.
- "PSAL Burough Championships - Staten Island - Track & Field Meet". Athletic.net. Retrieved 2016-05-14.
- "PSAL City Champs - Complete (Raw)". MileSplit New York. Retrieved 2016-05-14.
- "Dominique Easley - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-05-14.
- "Florida's Dominique Easley is out for the rest of the season". CBSSports.com. Retrieved 2016-05-14.
- "Florida's Dominique Easley tears ACL, will enter 2014 NFL draft". Retrieved 2016-05-14.
- Gray, Jeff (2014-05-09). "NFL Draft results 2014: Dominique Easley selected by Patriots at No. 29". SBNation.com. Retrieved 2016-05-14.
- "Patriots sign first-round draft pick DL Dominique Easley; Sign OL Chris Martin". New England Patriots. 2014-06-23. Retrieved 2016-05-14.
- "Ian Rapoport on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 2016-05-14.
- "Dominique Easley: Game Logs at NFL.com". www.nfl.com. Retrieved 2016-05-14.
- "Patriots vs. Vikings - Box Score - September 14, 2014 - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-05-14.
- "Patriots place DL Dominique Easley on injured reserve; Sign TE Steve Maneri". New England Patriots. 2014-12-17. Retrieved 2016-05-14.
- "Tom E. Curran on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 2016-05-14.
- "New England Patriots on Yahoo! Sports - News, Scores, Standings, Rumors, Fantasy Games". Yahoo Sports. Retrieved 2016-05-14.
- "Patriots release former first-round pick Dominique Easley". CSNNE.com. 2016-04-13. Retrieved 2016-05-14.
- Reiss, Mike (May 17, 2016). "Dominique Easley signs with the Los Angeles Rams". ESPN.com. Retrieved May 17, 2016.
- Jett, Tyler (2011). "Child's Play: Often misunderstood, Easley refuses to hide personality". Retrieved 24 February 2015.