|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||July 10, 1991|
|Place of birth:||Los Angeles, California|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||300 lb (136 kg)|
|High school:||Beverly Hills (CA)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Caylin Hauptmann (born July 10, 1991) is an American football offensive lineman who is currently a free agent. He signed with the Cleveland Browns as an undrafted free agent in 2013. He was signed to the Seattle Seahawks in September 2013.
Hauptmann was born in Los Angeles, California. He attended Beverly Hills High School in Beverly Hills and played high school football. He played center and tackle. He was also on the Beverly Hills Track and Field team as a member on the shot put team. Hauptmann broke a 30 year record on shot put (60-10.5) at Beverly Hills.
Immediately following high school graduation, Hauptmann accepted a scholarship offer to College of the Canyons, where he played left guard on the offensive line. After one season he transferred to Florida International University (FIU), where he became an immediate starter on the offensive line. He started every game during the 2012 football season, and finished his college career starting every game for a total of 37 games (over three seasons). Caylin Hauptmann helped pave the way for the FIU offense to have four 100-yard rushers, three 300-yard passing efforts and six 100-yard receivers in a season where the primary running back, and quarterback were out for multiple games with injury. He served as captain of the FIU offensive line (2011). Phil Steele named him to his postseason all-conference team after both his sophomore and junior seasons, while making his debut on the official All-Sun Belt team, as a second team pick in 2011. Hauptmann was nominated in 2012 to the list of nominees for the Outland Award, the highest award for U.S. college offensive lineman. He was also a major contributor on offense to the FIU team that won the 2010 Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl. "Caylin is very explosive, has tremendous change of direction and he has great leverage and balance. He is like a big bear, but with tremendous core strength, balancing of his body, redirecting his feet." -FIU O-line coach Alex Mirabal.
Hauptmann was signed as an undrafted free agent with the Cleveland Browns on April 27, 2013. After 2013 pre-season, he was signed to the roster of the Browns, then waived, then signed to the team's practice squad.
Hauptmann was claimed off waivers by the Cleveland Browns on August 31, 2014. He was waived following a failed physical on September 2, 2014. Hauptmann would later be added to the practice squad for the 2014 NFL season.
New England Patriots
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- "Seattle Seahawks: Caylin Hauptmann". Seattle Seahawks. Archived from the original on 19 December 2013. Retrieved 17 December 2013.
- Curtis, Crabtree. "Seahawks to add lineman Caylin Hauptmann from Browns practice squad". NBCSports.com. Retrieved 17 December 2013.
- "All- SBC Team" http://www.fiusports.com/Sports/MensSports/Football/Article/tabid/419/article/19395/Caylin-Hauptmann-Accepts-Invitation-to-Participate-at-2013-NFLPA-Collegiate-Bowl.aspx
- "All-SBC team"http://www.fiusports.com/Sports/MensSports/Football/Article/tabid/419/article/19299/Seven-Panthers-Named-To-Phil-Steele-All-SBC-Team.aspx
- FIU’s Cheeseborough, Hauptmann and Mertile Sign NFL Free Agent Contracts
- "Seahawks sign tackle Caylin Hauptmann from Cleveland Browns practice squad". Seahawks.com. September 23, 2013. Retrieved 2014-01-20.
- Kay Cabot, Mary. "Cleveland Browns cut Rex Grossman, add WR LaRon Byrd and RB Glenn Winston". Cleveland.com. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "Hauptmann's Waiver Opens Roster Spot". Retrieved 2016-08-06.