|Date of birth||July 8, 1939|
|Place of birth||Lake Charles, Louisiana, U.S.|
|Date of death||January 22, 2015 75)(aged|
|Place of death||Newport Beach, California, U.S.|
1961 / Round: 1 / Pick: 2|
(By the Boston Patriots)
|NFL draft||1961 / Round: 1 / Pick: 1|
|1967–1970||Los Angeles Rams|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Pro Bowls||3 (1962–64)|
- 1959: 10 Games – 81 carries for 336 yards. 5 catches for 54 yards and 2 TD.
- 1960: 10 Games – 120 carries for 663 yards. 28 catches for 376 yards and 5 TD.
Mason was selected first overall by the expansion Minnesota Vikings in the 1961 NFL Draft. In six seasons with the Vikings, he rushed for 3,252 yards and scored 28 touchdowns. In 1967, he was signed by the Los Angeles Rams. He played with the Rams for four years, but accumulated only four touchdowns and less than 900 yards. He finished his career with the Washington Redskins in 1971 before retiring.
Mason ranks seventh in total rushing yards and sixth in rushing touchdowns for the Vikings.
Mason married gymnast Cathy Rigby in 1972. They were divorced in 1981. Mason married Louise England in 1987, they divorced in 1994. He married Karen Kay Mason, in 1999. He died in hospice care at Newport Beach, California on January 22, 2015.
- Profile, sports-reference.com; accessed January 26, 2015.
- Notice of death of Tommy Mason, startribune.com; accessed January 26, 2015.
- Profile, pro-football-reference.com; accessed January 26, 2015.