Tim Wright (American football)
|No. 83 Detroit Lions|
|Date of birth:||April 7, 1990|
|Place of birth:||Neptune Township, New Jersey|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||242 lb (110 kg)|
|High school:||Wall (NJ)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Roster status:||Injured reserve|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Timothy Wright (born April 7, 1990) is an American football tight end for the Detroit Lions of the National Football League (NFL). He was undrafted then later signed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2013. He played college football at Rutgers.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 3 in||219 lb||4.65 s||1.63 s||2.74 s||4.47 s||7.27 s||36 in||9 ft 10 in||19 reps|
|All values from Rutgers Pro Day|
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
On April 29, 2013, Wright was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. On June 12, 2013, Wright was moved from wide receiver to tight end. Wright played all 16 games for the Buccaneers, starting 8. He finished the season with 54 catches for 571 yards and 5 touchdowns, the yards and touchdowns tied for the most by an undrafted rookie tight end in NFL history. Wright was the only rookie tight end in 2013 to have more than 500 receiving yards.
New England Patriots
On August 26, 2014, Wright was traded by the Buccaneers to the New England Patriots along with a 2015 4th round draft pick for guard Logan Mankins. Wright played in 11 games for the Patriots, catching 26 passes for 259 yards, with a career-high 6 touchdowns. Wright played in the Patriots Super Bowl XLIX victory over the Seattle Seahawks, but did not record any catches. He was released on June 11, 2015.
Return to Tampa Bay
On June 12, 2015, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers claimed Wright off waivers.
On August 31, 2015, the Buccaneers traded Wright to the Detroit Lions in exchange for placekicker Kyle Brindza. During the 2015 season, Wright appeared in nine games for the Lions, where he finished with nine receptions for 77 yards and two touchdowns. On March 16, 2016, the Lions re-signed Wright to a one-year contract. On May 31, 2016, he was placed on season-ending injured reserve with a torn ACL.
|Year||Team||GP||Rec||Targets||Yards||Avg||Long||Touchdowns||First Downs||Fumbles||Fumbles Lost|
- "Epilogue to a Draft: Bucs Add 13 Undrafted Free Agents". Retrieved 2012-04-29.
- "Wright Was A Surprise". 2013-09-01.
- "Patriots Trade Logan Mankins To Tampa Bay For Tim Wright". 2014-08-26.
- "New England Patriots cut TE Tim Wright". 2015-06-11.
- Smith, Michael (June 12, 2015). "Buccaneers claim Tim Wright off waivers from Patriots". NBCSports.com. Retrieved August 31, 2015.
- Patra, Kevin (August 31, 2015). "Buccaneers trade TE Tim Wright to Lions". NFL.com. Retrieved August 31, 2015.
- "Lions re-sign TE Tim Wright". Detroit Lions. March 14, 2016. Retrieved March 14, 2016.
- Sessler, Marc. "Detroit Lions place TE Tim Wright on season-ending IR". NFL.com. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- Timothy Wright Stats