Justin Green (cornerback)
|Winnipeg Blue Bombers|
|Date of birth:||February 26, 1991|
|Place of birth:||Louisville, Kentucky|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||195 lb (88 kg)|
|High school:||Louisville (KY) Male|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2013|
Justin Green (born February 26, 1991) is a former American football cornerback who is currently a member of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football League. He was signed by the Patriots as an undrafted free agent in 2013, and has also been a member of the Dallas Cowboys. He played college football for University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign.
New England Patriots
Green signed with the New England Patriots on July 21, 2013. He was waived on August 31 for final roster cuts, but signed to the practice squad the following day. He was promoted to the active roster on November 23. He was waived again on November 26 then re-signed to their practice squad two days later. The Patriots promoted Green from the practice squad on December 28.
San Jose SaberCats
New England Patriots
San Jose SaberCats (II)
Green returned to the SaberCats for the 2016 season, however he did not see any action.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Green's older brother, Marcus, is a former defensive tackle who played collegiately for Ohio State and had a short stint in the NFL. In the summer of 2015, Green retired from football to focus on pursuing a career to help children in the community. However this was only temporary as he continued his pursuit of playing professional football the following year.
- Patriots sign rookie DB Justin Green
- Patriots sign DB Justin Green to active roster; Release RB Leon Washington
- Wilkening, Mike (December 28, 2013). "Patriots bring up Justin Green and Kanorris Davis from practice squad". NBCSports.com. Retrieved 2014-08-13.
- "Report: Cowboys trade DT Ben Bass to Patriots for cornerback Justin Green". DallasNews.com. August 12, 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- Robinson, Will (August 12, 2014). "Cowboys acquire CB Justin Green from Patriots for DE Ben Bass". NFL.com. Retrieved 2014-08-13.
- "Blue Bombers add two to roster - MyToba.ca". MyToba.ca. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "Patriots Notebook: Green hangs 'em up". bostonherald.com. August 3, 2015. Retrieved 2015-08-03.